Style change

This forum contains announcements and other information related to the OBOD Message Board.
Selene
OBOD Druid

Style change

Postby Selene » 21 Apr 2008, 00:38

If you've been using the board style subsilver2, you may be surprised to see how the board looks now. With the software upgrade last September, ProSilver became the new default for phpBB boards, but Kernos retained subsilver2 as our default because so many people used it. As new updates are released and installed, more and more things happen and it got to the point where having subsilver 2 as the default made the "Submit" button on the registration page disappear! Obviously this had to be corrected, so he changed the default style to ProSilver so people can again register for the board.

Some of you are probably saying, :huh: "I hate this! Can I have my old one back?" Answer: Yes...as of now, at least. Go into your User Control Panel and open Board Preferences. You'll find a drop-down for styles and you can pick the one you want. However, we don't know how long we can keep subsilver2 compatible with the board, so you might consider trying ProSilver for awhile to see how you like it. I made the switch when we did the upgrade 8 months ago and I find that I like ProSilver much better than I did subsilver.

Anyway, that's the story. Sorry for any :boggle: effects it caused!
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Selene
OBOD Druid

Re: Style change

Postby Selene » 21 Apr 2008, 16:20

Update from Kernos:
The new board software is based on Prosilver and many modifications to the board only work with Prosilver and other styles based on Prosilver (like greesmile2). I would ask that everyone try it out for a couple of weeks and get used to it, because at some point we may have to get rid of subsilver2. Its coding is just too old-fashioned and makes adding functionality a PITA.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Return to “Board Announcements”