Chronic Fatigue/M.E./CFS

Discuss health and harmony of the body, spirit, the Earth, and environment...
Forum rules
Prior to administering anything, homeopathic or conventional to anyone's diet, pets especially, we feel that personal health history must be considered, and a medical professional should be consulted. There are many instances where even the most "harmless" additive has had contraindications and caused more harm than good. We believe everyone here is responsible and understands that, but it is important to re-state.
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Aigeann
OBOD Druid

Re: Chronic Fatigue/M.E./CFS

Postby Aigeann » 08 Feb 2013, 17:51

Lady and Shadowcat:
I wish I had the strength and energy to send you strong healing rays, but I, too, am at a low ebb right now. I live in a cold region (Michigan, USA) and since the snow has arrived, I've been housebound by choice. Some days I am such a slug that just hope no one comes calling to witness my inertia and lack of ambition. But I have noticed that I have much less pain if I stay warm and rested. I can calmly move around my house doing laundry, etc. and accomplish some things, but I have come to understand that this retreat from the world is necessary. Once I accepted my condition and quit expecting so much from myself, I have been given time -- time to learn what winter is really about. In another time, our hybernation would be accepted as a time to relax and replenish, a time to learn and contemplate. I'm rambling -- what I meant to say is that perhaps we should look at the positive side of this. Maybe we should emulate the bear more right now. As I write this I can feel some of the pain retreating. Maybe we should give ourselves permission to rest and just be instead of giving power to this disease. Never give up your sovereignty.
Beautifully put.

Candles lit for all of you!
ImageImage

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 09 Feb 2013, 07:45

I wish I had the strength and energy to send you strong healing rays, but I, too, am at a low ebb right now.
(...) In another time, our hybernation would be accepted as a time to relax and replenish, a time to learn and contemplate.
(...) Maybe we should give ourselves permission to rest and just be instead of giving power to this disease. Never give up your sovereignty.
Well spoken. Your wish is enough, since the old saying "it's the thought that counts" is very much true in that respect. No need to expend your own energy, just wishing it upon others is enough. Thank you!

And yes, I believe that a larger amount of people come down with fatigue complaints this day and age because we no longer follow the seasons in our daily life. Even if you live conciously like most folks around there boards, the daily grind still asks you to show up for work come rain of snow, or to do your duties as a homekeeper, regardless of the seasons. We are ment to sit inside for long evenings, tell eachother stories, sing, rest, sleep more, and prepare for a new season of growth and spring.

Disconnecting from the ratrace is a bigger challenge then forseen for me. It's so easily said, but hard to do and to resist getting sucked in again.

- - -

I just want to get back on the cardspread I wrote about earlier. Writing about it somehow helps me put things in perspective. Yesterday afternoon I had an important courtcase where the judges even came out of the courthouse to work on location. It took from noon till well past 6 pm. I kicked ass (even if I say so myself) and yet, I got a lot of tension off it that came home with me. I decided to take a shower, just to wash of the stress and tension of other people. Then I meditated on this feeling and I realised that the tension that's robbing me of my energy is a very childlike feeling: I've done something good according to my own judgement, something I stand for, but in my childhood those things where often percieved as wrong by my family. So I still feel this tension of fear of being "caught" and getting this slap on the back of the head for being out of line. This so much ties in with the spread earlier yesterday I'm in awe of the way things can work. Recognising the feeling lets me defuse the tension, bit by bit. So I'm grateful for that insight.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 19 Feb 2013, 17:01

Dear friends,

just a little kick to this topic. I have to comment on the uncanny way the gwers interact with my lifepath at the moment. (Since this is a public board, I won't go into details here... see also the bardic boards).

That said, the well of murky water needing to be cleansed got deeper, when the reality hit home that because of repeated physical harm (both at home and outside of it) in the first 17 years of my life, I'm on my way to be diagnosed with PTSD. The chronic stress caused by the lingering yet unrelenting unsafe feeling is likely the cause of my exhaustion and physical ailments. The gwers and these boards, the inner and outer grove, are keeping me sane at the moment. Thank you all...
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 19 Feb 2013, 18:38

I wish you well, Shadowcat. The course can mirror our lives on so many levels so it seems. It can be a great focus when feeling under the weather, I find that its keeping me going at the moment and a useful diversion away from my own health problems. My main concern is not to rush it and to savour every moment that I have left and there's not too much of it to go before I complete it.

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 20 Feb 2013, 01:22

I find it ridiculous how well the course unfolds, melding with life just perfectly at all the right times... If someone had told me it was so before I took the course, I'd have thought they were pulling my leg...
I wish you much peace as you continue along with your healing.

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 20 Feb 2013, 09:13

Oh my, Heddwen... talking about putting things in perspective... I read your words several times to make sure I read them right.
It made me realise that I'm still pushing forward, mainly thinking in terms of: "After I get this fatigue conquered, then my life will "begin", then I can do the things I want to do, then life will be good..."
That's really not the way I want to live.
Don't rush it
Savour every moment
I'm writing those down and will try to remind me of them several times a day.

Thank you...
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 20 Feb 2013, 15:21

You're very welcome :tiphat:

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 17 Apr 2013, 09:03

I thought it would be nice to post a little update...

Since the lasts exchanges here I've been making a detour from the OBOD-course into courses of mindfulness, wabi-sabi and zen-meditation. Lately, the idea of Ho'onopono has come to that as well. Accepting the imperfection of current life is a challenge, yet brings it's own beauty. And in synchronicity with that, my acupuncturist has concluded that chi/lifeforce/whathaveyou is flowing more strongly in me. The fatigue is lifting a bit more every day. Last week she told me I came in at about 7% of normal life force in the way she registers it, and now I'm at about 20%, hell, I feel like jumping mountains somedays already, so I wonder what 100% would feel like.

On food, I've resetled on a paleo-raw-ish diet as that agrees with me the most. Not a "diet" really, more a way of eating that feels good to my body. I use some whole herbs as supplements but generally follow a less-is-more approach nowadays that seems to give my body some rest and room to assimilate the things I do put in it more efficiently.

Big hugs to all of you around...
Heddwen, how are you?
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

LadyAoftheshire
OBOD Ovate

Postby LadyAoftheshire » 21 Apr 2013, 15:15

Thank you for the updates ShadowCat.Its fantastic that you have a great GP like that!
I am starting to feel a little better, in ebbs and flows. Work has slowed, but I was still not recovering well. I found a great chiro/osteo who said my adrenals were shot, so I've been working with that energetically and taking a homeopathic remedy and have been finding energy to be a lot more present with things and get things done. I'm also more able to recognise when I'm doing something purely on adrenaline (which is how I primarily operate) and attempt to slow myself down and take the remedy if necessary, before I find myself exhausted.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.- Davinci
Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" Mary Anne Radmacher

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 22 Apr 2013, 07:49

Shot adrenals is something of a evergrowing problem in modern society. Our bodies aren't made to endure the chronic stress society puts on you. Not only negative stress, also positive excitement might be to hard on your systems. "to much of a good thing" is not a mere saying in that respect.

The recognision of "false" (adrenal) energy and true energy (inspiration/lifeforce) is a great step forward, for me it marked the turningpoint in learning how to recognise it and adjust my behaviour accordingly. There's also something truly bardic about that, as I wrote before, the relation between gwers and life is uncanny at times.

I wish you the best Lady!
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 22 Feb 2016, 15:44

The fatigue is lifting a bit more every day. Last week she told me I came in at about 7% of normal life force in the way she registers it, and now I'm at about 20%, hell, I feel like jumping mountains somedays already, so I wonder what 100% would feel like.
Just a little update again: It's been quite a journey. Last spring my gp confirmed that the deep unbalances where mostly gone, but she cautioned me to be careful and let the newfound balance settle for a while before attempting to force more improvement in health and fitness. Last december she gave me the ok to start working on weightloss again and to go workout again. I've found that since than, combining online guidance by weightwatchers with natural/paleo foodchoices, while eating at a caloric deficit, allowed me to lose over 8 kilo's in the last 7 weeks. With more than 50 kilo's still to lose, it's only a beginning, but a good one. At the same time I've started exercising more intensively with a personal trainer who checks and ups my schedule every six weeks. It helps and now, slowly, I start to feel truly "healthy" again. It's a wonderful feeling and fits deeply within my ovatic path (no details due to spoilers :) )
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

xidia
OBOD Ovate

Postby xidia » 23 Feb 2016, 09:02

@Shadowcat

I also have CFS. Structured exercise and regular meditation are key for me in staying well. Guess what I've not done for the last free few weeks...?

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 23 Feb 2016, 10:09

Guess what I've not done for the last free few weeks...?
I've already experienced that I often don't feel well before I go work out and I wonder if it wouldn't be better to skip. I've made the commitment to at least go to the gym and try how it feels that day when I'm getting started. 9 times out of 10 I feel better about 10 minutes into my workout and than the rest of the day.

Repacking the gymbag when you get home with fresh towels and a clean waterbottle also helps. I keep it at the ready by the door.

Take good care of yourself xidia!
the songs of one's heart

Sacred spaces and places

Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » 25 Feb 2016, 17:40

:wizard: :kissie: :attention: for my soul sister Shadow Cat

Return to “Health and Healing”