Are Reiki and druidry compatable.

Discuss health and harmony of the body, spirit, the Earth, and environment...
Forum rules
Prior to administering anything, homeopathic or conventional to anyone's diet, pets especially, we feel that personal health history must be considered, and a medical professional should be consulted. There are many instances where even the most "harmless" additive has had contraindications and caused more harm than good. We believe everyone here is responsible and understands that, but it is important to re-state.
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
clint_burn
OBOD Bard

Are Reiki and druidry compatable.

Postby clint_burn » 05 Dec 2012, 16:41

Hi I am a Bard and have just begun my bardic course. I am loving it and am finding that it is showing me things that I already do. It feels like I was a druid before I even knew I could be one. The thing I'm worried about is my Reiki training and the Reiki share I attend.

I am told on numerous occasion that I am mixing energies and that the healing I am doing is not Reiki. This is disturbing because I dont do anything outside of my training and have never learned another healing technique. I am also told that tools such as a wands are not to be used, that this is not allowed due to the energies that are being used. I am not aware of any mix of energies at all and have been making dedications of intention to do Reiki at every share that I attend. The reasons for bringing a wand is to try and broaden my experience and work with a tool that I am very familiar with.

This is where my question hits then, Due to the energies that I work with and have worked with for the better part of 20 years, will I ever be able to do Reiki without other energies coming in of their own accord. Or am I being the victim of the members of my groups misunderstandings about the path that I am on. Will my druid training take me further in to the mysteries ( and I hope it does :D ) and disrupt my Reiki healing's.

Any insight would be great because I don't want to leave the Reiki share and don't feel that I should be told off if my methods and outcomes are that of a Reiki discipline.

Thank you.

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Re: Are Reiki and druidry compatable.

Postby ShadowCat » 05 Dec 2012, 16:53

Or am I being the victim of the members of my groups misunderstandings about the path that I am on.
Yes... I'm inclined to go with this thought. People often cling to dogmatic teachings out of insecurity and inexperience. If you work with healing energies and you learned those while practicing Reiki, it is Reiki. It may not exactly be "12th grade golden bought traditional reinvented Reiki as thought by master PhoYong Hay" but at the end of the day. reiki is just reiki, a way of energyhealing.

So are they compatible? yes, sure. Will learning more than one school of thought cause you to practice "out of bounds" from the confines of one of those school? Yes. Is that bad? No.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Aigeann
OBOD Druid

Postby Aigeann » 05 Dec 2012, 19:09

I think it all comes done to each person's interpretation of Druidry and/or Reiki.

It would be my friendly advise to you to work with both and see if YOU think they are compatible and/or to what level.

Blessings, Aigeann (oh and welcome to the Board!)
ImageImage

Bricklayer

Postby Bricklayer » 06 Dec 2012, 21:04

As long as they are both compatible with the practitioner. Its kinda like asking "are Latin and Japanese compatible"...well as Long as the practitioner understands both languages.

BlazeLeeDragon
OBOD Bard

Postby BlazeLeeDragon » 06 Dec 2012, 23:02

Unfortunately you'll always find "purist" only one way of doing something... is what your doing reiki? maybe, maybe not. depends on what you choose to call it, but it's a healer's duty, in my opinion, to learn all they can about healing to allow those they are helping to get the most out of there treatment. Reiki is channeling of a certain type of energy, if your putting any of your own energy into this or channeling from another source it's easy for a purist to say it's not reiki... however it is still healing, your version of healing with reiki influence. compatible? all depends on if it works for you, many people will mix things that don't go together, and still make them fit for there goals. That is all that is required. I would say the further you go into studying different forms of healing the less your treatments will be reiki, but that's not a bad thing. Evolving and developing is the idea to many.
Last edited by BlazeLeeDragon on 07 Dec 2012, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
May the peace of the season find you,
Blaze Dragon

Image Image

Aigeann
OBOD Druid

Postby Aigeann » 07 Dec 2012, 00:41

I will say the further you go into studying healing the less your treatments will be reiki, but that's not a bad thing. Evolving and developing is the idea to many.
On what do you base this statement?
ImageImage

BlazeLeeDragon
OBOD Bard

Postby BlazeLeeDragon » 07 Dec 2012, 02:42

I will say the further you go into studying healing the less your treatments will be reiki, but that's not a bad thing. Evolving and developing is the idea to many.
On what do you base this statement?
Personal experience and common sense (don't mean that harshly let me explain). If you take a healer, and then teach them only reiki, that would be the only technique and understanding they have of healing. Then when they heal, they are using 100% reiki, even if it is only there interpretation of reiki. Now teach them quantum vibrational healing, though they could choose not to use any of the quantum vibrational healing, it will at least influence how they do there reiki by expanding there knowledge. However in most cases healers I've spoken with and worked with, myself included. Do add new healing techniques to customize there healing treatments. Now throw in herbalism, nutrition, physical therapy, ethric touch, prana healing, chakra balancing etc etc... you now have about 8 different styles of healing, if evenly calculated it would 12.5% reiki, that's never the case, since people do varying degrees of the forms of treatment they know. Most of the better healers will even adjust there healing to the client. By adding all these different therapies, the healing treatment would no longer be 100% reiki, the method will change and evolve your with other methods of healing. Which I find as healer is a good thing. Understanding and varying your methods is a form of growth, a way to offer a more complete healing.

There is nothing wrong with doing strict reiki, which has various forms in and of it's self. many take what they learn and branch out into there own version. Still though by learning different forms of healing and incorporating them you are changing to a complex customize system of healing all your own.
May the peace of the season find you,
Blaze Dragon

Image Image

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 07 Dec 2012, 08:31

I agree with BlazeLeeDragon on this. Results are more important than purism for a healer, or at least, that's how it should be imho.

The purist attitude it what has always put me of pursuing further formal training in Reiki: it's often more thought as a trick that has to be repeated exactly the same every time like a magic recipe, rather than as a teaching in a deeper understanding of the ways energy moves in and around us. It's the difference between learning that what lightswitch will turn on the light (reiki) or a full education on how home-electrics are wired and how to fix broken bulbs, disconnected wires and wonky switches (broader healingworks).

That said: in the learning fase one should be cautious to at least work with pure forms for a reasonable period of time to understand the differences and specifics on every technique really good before going in to the "mix and match" fase. Otherwise, mixing and matching may interfere with the dept of learning and the quality of healing later on.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

clint_burn
OBOD Bard

Postby clint_burn » 07 Dec 2012, 23:12

Hey guys, I wanna say a massive thank you. It has been something that has been playing on mind a little more than I would have liked.
You have all said the same as my close friends, but with the added druidness (if that is even a word haha) that my other spiritual friends don't have. I'm glad that the response is the same from both.

I am going to pursue this and do Reiki to my fullest. my treatments are always successful sooooooooo yeah lol lets go do some healing (wand included hehehehe.)

Thanks again people and may awen bless you all :D

Clinton

elementalheart
OBOD Druid

Postby elementalheart » 08 Dec 2012, 13:11

From my perspective all spiritual paths are like cultures with languages in which we learn to express our spirituality and attempt to hollow out what holds us back from living to our fullest capacity. Sometimes the first we find (by upbringing or exploration and commitment) serves us for life and we don't feel the need to seek further routes. Others take two or more paths towards finding a unique expression of creator/creation. There is no incompatibility I have found so far, between druidry and reiki, to answer your original question. Indeed I happen to think being spiritually multilingual and with a large toolbox of available resources to offer, is a great thing as it allows many forms of access by people who might fear or write off any one or more of what you have experienced as positive practices. Being true to yourself is the key here, not which is right or wrong :wink:

When you go to a reiki share however, you are voluntarily stepping into a group within a lineage and tradition in which wands are not used or understood, and you therefore risk creating ripples of unease/distrust among those who practise only reiki and reducing the benefit to them of the healing experience in the process. It's like you're going into a Spanish group and speaking mostly Spanish but every now and then you come out with something in Russian - your conversation with them becomes distracted and whatever your intention, this doesn't create alignment to healing. So, personally, I would follow the practices of pure reiki (without your wand) in this group to maximise their(and your) healing experience, not to conform or submit, but simply to support the intention healing in a way they will accept at this time.

I also know from experience that the energies you use will be interesting to weave together and dance around to find your personal way of expression, I just advise doing this somewhere where you have space to experiment without causing others fear or separation as I am sure this is not what you would intentionally set out to do. I have also found it worth maintaining the ability to move purely within one or other tradition as a matter of choice; each strand of my rope serves best if it has its strong natural form and hasn't become frayed by forgetting the discipline that created it :)

I feel lucky that druidry offers a great home to all us complex and creatively woven folk who look at multiple strands as equally beautiful ways to express creator/creation and seek to find our own way of making the colours mix into a unique pattern that is our personal expression of spirit in form. :tiphat:
Image Image 2013BS 2013LI 2013SB 2014IL 2014LI

Eolas

Postby Eolas » 29 May 2013, 17:25

Being a reiki 2 I can honestly say u can use reiki for any religion or faith or belief becuz it's not a religion based religion. It's a healing energy that comes from the universe to help heal u others and everything in life, u can also use reiki in rituals to help brings about a positive change, u cannot use reiki for negative in other words, u can even use it on ur car.
Reiki II practitioner

oakenspirit

Postby oakenspirit » 30 May 2013, 14:17

Hi

I am a Druid and practice reiki .

some purist only belive that Reiki should be used on its own . BUT, as a Shamanic reiki practitioner the healings energies from Druid shaman can be used.

The art of channelling reiki energies comes from the highest order and universe and so does calling on mother earth, Gaia and the gods . You may in your opening statement call on reiki energies, the god or goddess, some call on angels or even Dr. Usui , i always call on the anchestors and spirit guides of this time and place and those that were along time ago. I call on the teachers and spirit guides and shamans , animal spirits.

some times i use just normal Reiki ... both are seperate both can be used in a treatment sesion, depends on the spirit work with the individual you need to do .

Reiki plus Seichem- allows for the person to journey shamanically ..

so all is good /i\

GreenOak51
OBOD Ovate

Postby GreenOak51 » 17 Jul 2013, 01:16

I would follow the practices of pure reiki (without your wand) in this group to maximise their(and your) healing experience, not to conform or submit, but simply to support the intention healing in a way they will accept at this time
Well written, elementalheart. Good and respectful advice.

T
Every blade of grass has its angel bending over it whispering "grow, grow!" ~~ The Talmud

Return to “Health and Healing”