Coping with insomnia?

Discuss health and harmony of the body, spirit, the Earth, and environment...
Forum rules
Prior to administering anything, homeopathic or conventional to anyone's diet, pets especially, we feel that personal health history must be considered, and a medical professional should be consulted. There are many instances where even the most "harmless" additive has had contraindications and caused more harm than good. We believe everyone here is responsible and understands that, but it is important to re-state.
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
shirley mclaren
OBOD Ovate

Re: Coping with insomnia?

Postby shirley mclaren » 01 Nov 2014, 12:55

Light levels, particularly that blue white LED light given off by some appliances is problematical for some. Also, looking at the computer in bed. Also do not have any electrical gadgets in general in the bedroom if you can avoid it - TV etc. one other tip is do not have any food or drink in the three hours before you go to bed.

BB
Try to live each day as if it were your last

Fides

Postby Fides » 22 Dec 2014, 14:42

I have been dealing with this for quite some time. Even when I can manage to get to sleep my "dead on time" body clock wakes me up whether i need to be or not.

Some good ideas i will check out in this thread. Thank you for posting them.

Shaysage
OBOD Bard

Postby Shaysage » 20 Jan 2015, 11:21

I have issues with sleeping, too. Always have. I'm forever looking for good ways to just get off to sleep ad stay asleep. I've recently started using night Kalms and although they don't get me to sleep for like 2 hours, it's better than the alternative. I also sometimes put lavander on my pillow. I think it's just one of those things that I'll have til I don't, but the kalms have definitely helped with the wakefulness "overthinking" I do.

OBOD Bard
Hedge-Druid

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 20 Jan 2015, 13:00

In a matter of synchronicity some people have said that this works welll
http://www.thisworks.com/sleep/sleep-ca ... spray.html
I do find that the LBE meditation helps as well.
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

ebhadh
OBOD Druid

Postby ebhadh » 08 Mar 2015, 10:59

There are so many very excellent methods described in this thread. I will just add two more: the end of day review - just going over, in reverse order, the events of the past day in your mind. This assists to make a first clearing of short term memory into long term, which is further processed during dreaming. The second is going into your psychic grove as a protected space for sleeping within. You can ask your guides there to help - I see a friendly oak dryad and a very motherly beech dryad in mine - and surround all with a protective shield for the night.

Sweet dreams and many blessings of restful sleep
Ebhadh :smgrove:
May the Long-Time Sun shine upon you; All Love surround you; the Pure-Light-Within guide you all the way on.

Green Raven

Postby Green Raven » 08 Mar 2015, 12:25

I was just going through some old documents this morning and happened across a version of this:

https://www.andrews.edu/services/ctcent ... ksheet.pdf

It’s adapted from, Transforming the pain: a workbook on vicarious traumatisation, Saakvitne, K. W., & Pearlman, L. A. (ed.). (1996). The advice is simple and good for everyone really.

Reviewing your whole lifestyle balance certainly aids sleep and fits in nicely with a druidic lifestyle. In addition to the previous good advice.
“Listen, O little pig! are not the buds of thorns
Very green, the mountain beautiful, and beautiful the earth?”
- Myrddin Wyllt, Hoianau / Greetings (to a Pig)

Return to “Health and Healing”