Rheumatoid arthritis

Discuss health and harmony of the body, spirit, the Earth, and environment...
Forum rules
Prior to administering anything, homeopathic or conventional to anyone's diet, pets especially, we feel that personal health history must be considered, and a medical professional should be consulted. There are many instances where even the most "harmless" additive has had contraindications and caused more harm than good. We believe everyone here is responsible and understands that, but it is important to re-state.
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Willowen
OBOD Bard

Rheumatoid arthritis

Postby Willowen » 30 Jul 2013, 04:12

Greetings to all :hiya:
I am just wondering if there are other people out there trying to fight this without autoimmune drugs? Is it even possible to fight it without the autoimmune drugs? I was taking them, but my allergies keep causing infections. I don't want any advice on cures, I am just wondering if there is anyone out there with the same idea. Thanks for your time.
Bright Blessings
Willowen
"The Way itself is a strengthening of spirit, a growing closer to the balance that governs the world. Progress is slow along the Way, but every step of the journey is like a note in the oldest tune of all. When you have the tune complete, you complete yourself." from Moonheart by Charles De Lint

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Re: Rheumatoid arthritis

Postby ShadowCat » 30 Jul 2013, 08:05

Hello Willowen,

I know of a man that has RA since his youth 29 years ago and is med-free for 23 years. He combines nutrition, herbs, other natural remedies (he's known to stand in an anthill and letting the ants run over him to deposit their acid on his skin (most ants in the Netherlands are rather hamless and don't bite, I won't advise this with fireants). He also uses Reiki/energywork, meditation, mindfulness (acceptance) and most of all, he's decided to follow his passion. Currently he has quit his job and is educating people on wildcrafting, survival, natural remedies and mindpower (firewalks). His website (only in Dutch) is www.natureman.nl

So, yes, being a naturopath myself I believe that it can be possible to rebuild your health to a degree that continued use of immunosuppressants is no longer neccesary. Most important is educating yourself and going slowly, to avoid shocking the system, since sudden changes can trigger flareups of the disease.

Best wishes of health to you,

Cat
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Willowen
OBOD Bard

Postby Willowen » 30 Jul 2013, 19:37

Hello Willowen,

I know of a man that has RA since his youth 29 years ago and is med-free for 23 years. He combines nutrition, herbs, other natural remedies (he's known to stand in an anthill and letting the ants run over him to deposit their acid on his skin (most ants in the Netherlands are rather hamless and don't bite, I won't advise this with fireants). He also uses Reiki/energywork, meditation, mindfulness (acceptance) and most of all, he's decided to follow his passion. Currently he has quit his job and is educating people on wildcrafting, survival, natural remedies and mindpower (firewalks). His website (only in Dutch) is http://www.natureman.nl

So, yes, being a naturopath myself I believe that it can be possible to rebuild your health to a degree that continued use of immunosuppressants is no longer neccesary. Most important is educating yourself and going slowly, to avoid shocking the system, since sudden changes can trigger flareups of the disease.

Best wishes of health to you,

Cat
Hello ShadowCat!
Thank you for your reply. This only helps me to make a decision about my healthcare. Is there a way to view his website in English? I am taking a course in Reiki, and seem to do so much better when I am working with the elements. I know there is no cure, and nothing lives forever but that doesn't mean I can't spread light and healing to others while I am here. The doctor wants me to start taking Humira and I am afraid of it. We also just discovered we have black mold in the house, and I think this has contributed to my symptoms. It just seems to me that the "Powers that Be" are telling me to stay away from the autoimmune drugs since things keep happening to prevent me from taking the drugs. Now I have hope which is a very powerful thing. Thanks again for your reply.
Bright Blessings to you,
Willowen
"The Way itself is a strengthening of spirit, a growing closer to the balance that governs the world. Progress is slow along the Way, but every step of the journey is like a note in the oldest tune of all. When you have the tune complete, you complete yourself." from Moonheart by Charles De Lint

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 31 Jul 2013, 03:38

Is there a way to view his website in English?
Willowen, I use Google Chrome as my browser and when I click on the link ShadowCat posted, I am offered the option to view the page in English (and it works). There should be a way to do it in other browsers, too--when I used IE I was able to translate some sites--but it may take some looking around through the browser options.

Good luck in your search for information to help your RA.

Blessings,
Selene
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 31 Jul 2013, 04:17

Thank you Selene for your tip on Chrome. Otherwise I would just work with google translate or something like that.
We also just discovered we have black mold in the house, and I think this has contributed to my symptoms.
Black mold is nasty stuff, so are most commercial removers of it. Try working with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and let it fizz away at the areas that are moldy. It falls apart in water and oxigen and leaves no chemical residue. Other natural cleaningsolutions are strong vinegar (here stores sell a "household vinegar" that is to strong to use for food, but is used for cleaning, washing and as a herbicide) and grapefruitseed essential oil. I've found teatreeoil not strong enough to make a lasting change.

To kill spores in the air you could try working with essential oils of manuka (1 part) and cypress (3 parts). Either a total of 20 drops in 50 ml of wodka as a roomspray or in a diffuser of some kind.

Reducing humidity will help a great deal also.
It just seems to me that the "Powers that Be" are telling me to stay away from the autoimmune drugs since things keep happening to prevent me from taking the drugs.
No one can make your choices for you, and no one is entitled to judge yours. I think it's great that you are not just asking for fixes or remedies but are actively working to find out what works for you. Since nobody is the same, I believe that finding your own path despite what others say, either good advises given and frowning opinions of others, is some of the most precious lessons of serious chronic diseases. Find out what moves you, and listen to your body telling you what is good for you. Do your own research, be gentle, don't expect full change in a week, month or even year. It's a lifelong journey.

Never lose hope or the faith in yourself. If you can accomplish that, you might find, just like Ger (the guy of the website) that a disease will become an ally and helper, even if it's a harsh one sometimes.

Best wishes of hope and trust
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

feranaja
OBOD Bard

Postby feranaja » 31 Jul 2013, 15:31

Willowen -you have received great support so far! I also feel that diet is absolutely key, that isolating and removing foods that bother you can be so helpful, as well as using a personally designed herbal protocol. Is there a good herbalist in your area? If you don't know or aren't sure how to tell a truly good one from a..less experienced version, PM me. I know a good many fantastic herbalists in North America, all over.

If your black mold is stachybotrus I suggest professional intervention, as it is more than nasty, it can be lethal. but many kinds of black mold exist, so don't panic, but do make sure. I am dealing with black mold too and feeling very poorly right now, in part as a result.

in my own work, I've often used a combination of GLA (gamma-linolenic acid, in either evening primrose or borage oil) with various natural anti-inflammatories; I like Devil's Claw, boswellia (one or the other, usually) white willow or meadowsweet, high dose fish oil and a diet loosely based on the Paleo principles (no grains with gluten, low carb, organic meats) to be most helpful. Address any dietary imbalances (we all have 'em) and keep the omega3s high, as a very general rule. One of my favorite herbalists has written on RA so well I will just leave you with his links; I work in Western herbalism and Todd does a lot of Ayurveda, but I think you will find some of the information here helpful. :)

http://www.toddcaldecott.com/index.php/ ... -arthritis

You need to register to read the dietary advice for auto-immune disease, but this site is so well researched and the articles so thorough it is well worth taking the time to do so.
Wishing you much healing... fera

Willowen
OBOD Bard

Ketamine need information please

Postby Willowen » 19 Mar 2014, 04:58

Greetings to all :)
I've been off the boards for a bit, but I am back on today to ask for help from any European health professionals concerning the drug Ketamine and it's application for pain management. I am asking for places to research the effects of the drug and interactions. The protocol would be a low dose once weekly.
Unfortunately in the US it is not approved and there is very little available information. Please send me a PM if you would. I really appreciate your help.
Bright Blessings,
Willowen

Alwin
OBOD Druid

Postby Alwin » 19 Mar 2014, 21:39

Hello Willowen,

have you already checked for a histamine intolerance? I know that this can trigger symptoms like rheumatoid arthritis! If that's the case you just have to follow a histamine reduced diet. Ok, it's not that easy but it might be worth a try. Check the web, there's plenty of information about HIT.
Best wishes,
Alwin
2013 SB I • 2013 SB II • 2014 IL I • 2014 IL II • 2014 BS • 2015 BS I • 2015 BS II • 2015 SB • 2016 SB • 2017 BS
--
www.Lichtspur.ch
www.artflakes.com/de/shop/lichtspur

Willowen
OBOD Bard

Postby Willowen » 03 Apr 2014, 04:42

I don't think that I have. Actually, I am not even sure what that is but I will do some research and check it out. Thank you so much. :)

Reuils
OBOD Bard

Postby Reuils » 03 Apr 2014, 19:28

Ketamine is an anaesthetic for horses !!

xidia
OBOD Ovate

Postby xidia » 04 Apr 2014, 08:40

Ketamine is an anaesthetic for horses !!
It's also used as anesthetic in humans, and has clinical potential as a last resort antidepressant if the time of action can be extended.

White-breasted Nuthatch
OBOD Bard

Postby White-breasted Nuthatch » 07 Apr 2014, 07:13

I enjoyed this thread, everyone. After reading some everyone's posts and some of the links, I've added turmeric pills to my shopping list and a number of items to my "don't eat" list.

Thank you!

Return to “Health and Healing”