Hair loss

Discuss health and harmony of the body, spirit, the Earth, and environment...
Forum rules
Prior to administering anything, homeopathic or conventional to anyone's diet, pets especially, we feel that personal health history must be considered, and a medical professional should be consulted. There are many instances where even the most "harmless" additive has had contraindications and caused more harm than good. We believe everyone here is responsible and understands that, but it is important to re-state.
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: Hair loss

Postby Heddwen » 25 Mar 2014, 18:44

I know that from working in a health food shop, when I was younger,that nettle shampoo is available. Although, I don't know if this works for hair loss.

TristessaKC

Postby TristessaKC » 25 Mar 2014, 22:40

I lost a lot of hair on my scalp (not in patches or anything, just a general thinning) but grew hair everywhere else (really embarrassing)

Turns out it is a hormone imbalance due to being on so many different medications. I was put on Aldactone which is a testosterone blocker. This helped with the body hair a bit but the hair on my head has not come back. Also my hair does not grow. It has been the same length for years. I hate getting it trimmed because I want my long hair back. It was past my butt and I made a rash decision about 8 years ago to cut it off just above my shoulders.

Another weird fact, I had straight hair til I went to college in 2002. It turned curly. Most everyone in my family has curly hair. I used to love my hair. I had so much of it and it was so long and soft and shiny. Now I just resort to putting in a bun. The only thing I do is color it. :-(
Life is not about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain

illion
OBOD Ovate

Postby illion » 26 Mar 2014, 05:41

I think I've heard about the nettle juice and I thought it was just to put the nettles in boiling water and leave it there for a while, and then just rinse your hair and scalp with the nettle water. Same goes for juniper. You can put a whole branch of juniper in boiling water and afterwards wash your hair in it. The juniper cure is actually making your hair thicker and more shinier after a while, but it has not helped me during times of severe hair loss. Then everything just falls off anyway :-(

Of course I can't know about the nettles, but they might probably help with strenghtening the hair after a period of losing hair as well?

I was diagnosed with PCOS some years ago, and that is a hormone imbalance so the whole hair losing thing could be a hormone thing :-( just as Tristessa said.

samurai
OBOD Ovate

Postby samurai » 26 Mar 2014, 16:30

Sarah had blood tests and they all came back clear,so I assume its not a hormone imbalance,but we'll give the nettles and juniper a go.It can't do any harm. I love nettle tea,and think netles are a wonderful plant,so you never know.

illion
OBOD Ovate

Postby illion » 27 Mar 2014, 05:24

It doesn't hurt to try it :) I wish her good luck!

samurai
OBOD Ovate

Postby samurai » 30 Apr 2014, 09:07

I noticed a few days ago,that my partners bald patches had an appearance of fluffy hair,i didn't want to provoke fate so said nothing.Then yesterday Sarah said to me she thinks her hair is growing back-possibly white,but hair.I think Sarah has turned a corner.Thanks for all your help and concern.Blessings to you all.

Return to “Health and Healing”