Message in the card border

Subforum for the study of the Druid Animal Oracle
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Arth Seren
OBOD Ovate

Message in the card border

Postby Arth Seren » 28 Nov 2006, 22:29

A couple of months ago I was sat looking at my DAO deck when I realised that the border wasn't just a pretty pattern - there is a message hidden in the leaves. :acorns:

I have worked it out for myself but I won't spoil it for those who haven't noticed it yet. :grin:

Get your Ogham thinking caps on guys  :where: and work it out if you haven't already, (I'm always the last to work these things out, lol).

:yay:
Arth Seren
(Formerly Naiyah Sionnach)

ImageImageImageImage
2007 BS
2010 LI
2012 IL
2012 SB

ImageImageImage

Abhaill
OBOD Ovate

Postby Abhaill » 28 Nov 2006, 22:38

Naiya - I had a similar experience to yours.  It always annoyed me that each of the ogham trees weren't represented because I loved the tiny symbols for them, and that some had even been repeated!  Then it occurred to me that there might be a message to translate, so I did.  That's something that I really love about this deck - tiny details that might escape your notice at first become glaringly obvious at some other time, so much so that you might even feel a little silly for never having noticed them before! :whistle: :D

~ Abhaill
Image :violinist: :fire:

The basis of druid tradition:
To honour the gods,
To do no evil, and
To practice bravery.

~ attributed to Diogenes Laertius (fl. CE 225/250)
from Peter Berresford Ellis' A Brief History of the Druids

My avatar is a print called, 'Screech Owl in Apple Tree,' by Robert Bateman

Tao of Pooh
OBOD Bard

Postby Tao of Pooh » 31 Jan 2007, 13:22

I noticed after I had the cards for a little while that the borders were different on the dragon cards than from the rest of the deck. The dragons are elemental-themed while the rest of the deck is plants. I don't know what the plants are tho  :???:
Well, a few of them I think I kinda, sorta might've figured out what they are  :grin:
ImageImage Roads are meant for journeys, not destinations.

~*Blackbird*~
OBOD Bard

Postby ~*Blackbird*~ » 06 Aug 2007, 12:16

Thanks so much for this hint :D

Felt like something out of Da Vinci Code when I was figuring it out! And so satisfying at the end! Am definitely going to use this as an idea for secret codes in the future :)

Brightest blessings!
~*Efo can yn fy ysbryd,a'r heniaeth yn fy ngwaed,rwy'n byw bywyd llawn efo calon Celtaidd*~

Arth Seren
OBOD Ovate

Postby Arth Seren » 06 Aug 2007, 17:12

No probs Blackbird, it was fun working it out!

p.s I have a blackbird totem too.  :grin:
Arth Seren
(Formerly Naiyah Sionnach)

ImageImageImageImage
2007 BS
2010 LI
2012 IL
2012 SB

ImageImageImage

Creirwy
OBOD Ovate

Re: Message in the card border

Postby Creirwy » 26 Aug 2008, 18:18

I've just worked this out myself.. comparing the DAO with the new Plant oracle and I realised the ogham was the same....

Now I feel like I know a little secret lol. Such a wonderful way to put in a little message, especially with the plants and the animals :D

Susanne
OBOD Ovate

Re: Message in the card border

Postby Susanne » 16 Oct 2010, 16:02

This seems to be an old thread but is anyone out there who is familiar with this?!
I have had the Druid Animal Oracle for many years now. It was the first deck that I bought & one of the things that started me on my Druid path.
I've always wondered what the plants in the border are & now I see that there is a message there. Since I'm just starting my study of the Ogam I'm somewhat familiar with the plants but can't make out what some of the figures are. Any suggestions?
Blessings
Susanne

Return to “Druid Animal Oracle (DAO) Study Group”