What do people use the DAO for?

Subforum for the study of the Druid Animal Oracle
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Maskdt
OBOD Bard

Re: What do people use the DAO for?

Postby Maskdt » 30 May 2013, 03:48

I've used it to gain insight into situations, emotional states, and for general guidance about where to take things, particularly in terms of creative pursuits. It's been very useful for me thus far, and has even helped me to realize that I was starting to slip into a depressive episode (I swear, those things can be terribly sneaky, but I find they're easier to deal with and ride out if you catch it early).

I'd love to work with Tarot, but I suspect I may need a new deck; the one I have has been very...well, let's say "pessimistic." Fairly accurate, yes, but very doom and gloom if anything even remotely negative comes up.

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 30 May 2013, 16:31

I'd love to work with Tarot, but I suspect I may need a new deck; the one I have has been very...well, let's say "pessimistic." Fairly accurate, yes, but very doom and gloom if anything even remotely negative comes up.
May I suggest it might possibly not be the deck, but it could be beneficial to add some positive influences into your life? Especially if depression has a tendacy to sneak up on you...what a nasty thing that can be!

Crinia
OBOD Ovate

Postby Crinia » 31 May 2013, 01:39

When I use the DAO is do a nine month reading and each month has a card. Each animal/card is providing insight and companionship for the month. Just finishing the month of May with the Wren (reversed). I learnt that I was using my humility to hide away rather than facing life. The card for June is the Bee - looks like there may be celebration in the air!
Crinia
Gun Toiseach - Gun Crioch

Return to “Druid Animal Oracle (DAO) Study Group”