DAO book available on its own?

Subforum for the study of the Druid Animal Oracle
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
~*Blackbird*~
OBOD Bard

DAO book available on its own?

Postby ~*Blackbird*~ » 06 Aug 2007, 12:19

I recently bought the DAO deck but belatedly found out that it was just the deck and not the pack with the book :(

Is there anyway I can get the book on it's own or will I have to buy the whole lot again?

Also, please, please, please can we have more threads on the cards?! I've found them immensely interesting and helpful!!!

Brightest Blessings
~*Efo can yn fy ysbryd,a'r heniaeth yn fy ngwaed,rwy'n byw bywyd llawn efo calon Celtaidd*~

Aurora
OBOD Bard

Postby Aurora » 06 Aug 2007, 12:41

Hi Blackbird!

I'm really enjoying the DAO too!

I believe you can buy the DAO book at the the OBOD online store. I think i remember seeing it when i bought my DAO set.

http://www.druidry.org/index.php?module ... o.uk/shop/

Had a look and you'll find it on the 3rd page  :D
Last edited by Aurora on 06 Aug 2007, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Wisdom begins in wonder-Socrates

~*Blackbird*~
OBOD Bard

Postby ~*Blackbird*~ » 06 Aug 2007, 12:46

Hmm only seems to be selling the full set not just the book :( Thanks for the link though :) Didn't know there was a bookstore!
~*Efo can yn fy ysbryd,a'r heniaeth yn fy ngwaed,rwy'n byw bywyd llawn efo calon Celtaidd*~

Aurora
OBOD Bard

Postby Aurora » 06 Aug 2007, 12:52

Oops! It was supposed to link to the 3rd page not the first one.
ImageImage

Wisdom begins in wonder-Socrates

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 06 Aug 2007, 16:16

I'm very remiss in posting re the DruidCraft Tarot. I have a problem..... (well, several :blink: but for now...)

For some reason known only to the gods of cyberspace - known as Erasus and Deletia by some of us - my combo printer/copier/scanner says it's scanning a pic - and that's the last ever seen of it. Floating in outer cyber space, or lurking in the depths of my hard drive. I can't find them. They must be in a hidden grove of the computer gods.

If someone will volunteer to scan the appropriate pic of the card I'm posting I'll continue to do the writeup. Just the writeup isn't very inspiring unless everyone has the same deck.

BTW, while our focus is on the DC Tarot, it's not limited to only that deck.

BB
Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

~*Blackbird*~
OBOD Bard

Postby ~*Blackbird*~ » 07 Aug 2007, 10:40

Well I have a scanner-well its's a scanner, photocopier, printer combi thing.I've used the printer and photocopier but with a little practise I think I'll be able to scan in the DAO for you. It wont be till next month though as it's up in my student house!

Aurora-the DAO on the third page is the set I bought! It only has the deck and small booklet, I'm looking for the actual book only! :) Thanks for your help though! Though my bank balance doesn't agree :D Found loads of books I fancy hehe

Arth Seren
OBOD Ovate

Postby Arth Seren » 07 Aug 2007, 13:39

Blackbird, have you tried ebay, there's usually someone lurking about with a second hand copy or book on there, do a worldwide search and I'm sure you'll find something.
Arth Seren
(Formerly Naiyah Sionnach)

ImageImageImageImage
2007 BS
2010 LI
2012 IL
2012 SB

ImageImageImage

~*Blackbird*~
OBOD Bard

Postby ~*Blackbird*~ » 11 Aug 2007, 18:13

Hey yeah I've tried ebay, UK and US but no luck :( Looks like I'm going to have to buy the whole set again! Would be good if they sold the book and deck seperately! Oh well.

Thanks for helping :)

Cosmic Ash
OBOD Druid

Postby Cosmic Ash » 12 Aug 2007, 12:54

Hi Blackbird!
I didn't know there was a book to go with these cards! :o
You could try http://www.abebooks.co.uk I searched there and it seemed that some of the books listed might be just books and not book/card sets, though you'd maybe want to email the seller first to make sure...

~*Blackbird*~
OBOD Bard

Postby ~*Blackbird*~ » 12 Aug 2007, 20:22

Hey thanks, I had a look but the shipping was from the US and quite expensive :S I've taken a gamble and bought the book for a fiver from amazon (from the used and new section). It'll come with the set but that's not prob if its that cheap. Hopefully it'll arrive ok and be the right thing!!

Thanks again everyone for your help :)

~*Blackbird*~
OBOD Bard

Postby ~*Blackbird*~ » 15 Aug 2007, 13:12

Woo! Book arrived this morning so now I can finally sink my teeth into the deck properly!

Thanks guys for all your help :)

mantis
OBOD Bard

Re: DAO book available on its own?

Postby mantis » 12 Jul 2010, 16:06

As with the original thread,I got the deck with the small pamplett.Unfortunatly the pages have been doubled up,so i have some interpretations missing.Also the cards were a gift and the giver of the gift can't remember where they got them from.
Scanned the web,but to no avail at mo.Has anyone got a spare,that the little booklet as opposed to the book.Thanks. :)

Return to “Druid Animal Oracle (DAO) Study Group”