Their Here!

Subforum for the study of the Druid Animal Oracle
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
ravenfolk

Their Here!

Postby ravenfolk » 08 Jul 2010, 19:57

Hey Everyone,
I just wanted to share that I received my cards in the mail the other day. They are quite something. As I looked through the deck I was amazed at the beautiful detail of each card.
Being from North America it was interesting to see animals that I personally have never seen. I was also introduced to the four types of dragons, which I know little about. I believe this deck is a extension of where I am right now on my journey. It will stretch my boundaries. I have been using the Medicine Card deck (by Sams and Carson) now for a couple of years and feel a deep connection with the animals of North America and of course some of the animals are the same as are in the Druid deck but are seen from a differnt perspective. I love the stories that accompany each animal as well. I truly feel these cards will help me to strengthen my connection to my ancestors. My Appalachian heritage is connecting with my Celtic heritage, it all just feels so right.

ravenfolk
:ravens:
~~~Oran Mor~~~Edgewalker~~~

ravenfolk

Re: Their Here!

Postby ravenfolk » 09 Jul 2010, 20:52

Aren’t they beautiful? :D I love the art work and how the pack blends animal lore with spirituality. Very well done, I think.

Have you had time to do a meditation or reading yet?

BB – Mike
I haven't done a meditation with them as of yet. I know this may sound strange but in a sense I am waiting for them to call to me. I don't want to force a meditation just because I have a "new toy", if you know what I mean :grin: . They are on my altar, soaking...

ravenfolk
:ravens: :bodhran:

ravenfolk

Re: They're Here!

Postby ravenfolk » 11 Jul 2010, 05:12

Well I finally meditated with the DAO cards. It was amazing! It spoke directly to sometihng that has been weaving around in my spirit for the past month. I was so amazed to see my power animal be the card I drew and it was reversed. I shuffled and did the three stack thing and reversed half the cards... my power animal, soooooooooo cool!!! :grin: :yay:

ravenfolk

AndyN

Postby AndyN » 11 Jul 2010, 10:47

Have you translated the ogham around their edges yet?

ravenfolk

Postby ravenfolk » 11 Jul 2010, 22:11

Have you translated the ogham around their edges yet?
alas, I am ogham illiterate... :huh: all I see are beautiful leaves.

ravenfolk

AndyN

Postby AndyN » 12 Jul 2010, 16:07

Well conventionally - since Robert Graves at least :) - each ogham letter is associated with a tree. The pretty leaves are from specific trees and match the ogham letters...

The one at the bottom left is rowan, then yew, willow, holly, aspen and ash. That should get you started.

ravenfolk

Postby ravenfolk » 16 Jul 2010, 19:08

Thanks! AndyN, I will see what comes out at my attempt at a translation.

ravenfolk

Return to “Druid Animal Oracle (DAO) Study Group”