Using the three blank cards/The Druid Plant Oracle

Subforum for the study of the Druid Animal Oracle
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Boadicea
OBOD Bard

Using the three blank cards/The Druid Plant Oracle

Postby Boadicea » 14 Apr 2012, 10:24

Hi everyone!

I'm curious, have any of you used your three blank cards? If so, what animals did you put on them and why? Did you draw or paint them or did you print a photo or some clip art? Lastly, does anyone here use The Druid Plant Oracle as well? I'm liking the DAO so much that I'm thinking about buying the DPO too - is this group used as a study group/discussion for that deck as well ...?

Lily
OBOD Ovate

Re: Using the three blank cards/The Druid Plant Oracle

Postby Lily » 14 Apr 2012, 12:07

you could suggest to the mods that a DPO subforum should be created....

(ps I don't have the DPO and I left the DAO blank cards blank so far)
bright blessed days, dark sacred nights

Lily

"You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into"
-Ben Goldacre

Crinia
OBOD Ovate

Postby Crinia » 14 Apr 2012, 12:27

I have not used the blank cards yet.
I have the DPO cards and whilst they are visually quite beautiful I have as yet been unable to make any psychic connection using them. With the DAO I pick up the vibrations quite easily and find the Druid tarot deck intuitive and good for readings for others.

Crinia
Gun Toiseach - Gun Crioch

Boadicea
OBOD Bard

Postby Boadicea » 15 Apr 2012, 10:50

I created my three blank cards with the animal archetypes of the dolphin, the whale, and the snail. I'm a horrible artist though so I printed some art off the internet to put them together and they turned out looking really nice.

@Crinia That's interesting. I'm nearly the exact opposite. I seem to respond to plants much more than animals. (Although I do love my pets dearly and with a fierce passion, lol - two rabbits and a cavy).

I haven't seen the DPO cards yet, but I heard there's some with different fungi/mushrooms and mosses which are some of my favorite forest plants. I hope it comes with the three blank cards as well though because I'll want to add the orchid into the deck if it's not in there, which I'm assuming it's not as there aren't really any traditional Druidic plants of the orchid, to my knowledge. I wonder if the book and spread cloth come in a different color? Green seems like it would make the most sense. Guess I'll find out soon...

Amethyst
OBOD Druid

Postby Amethyst » 18 Jul 2012, 15:50

I have both decks and only just started using them this past spring. I have left all six cards blank, mostly because I don't know what to put on them.

I've combined my decks and one of the first spreads I did was the triple Awen. A blank card fell in one of the future slots, which I interpreted as being "there are too many factors for this to be decided." A while later, I did a single Awen spread where a definite card did reveal itself.

It is quite interesting to me that in both the spread I did myself, and one done for me by someone else, the card representing the future was blank. These have been the only times a blank card has come up.
Everything always works out more perfectly than I plan it.

Boadicea
OBOD Bard

Postby Boadicea » 21 Jul 2012, 21:59

That's interesting that you've included the blank cards in your deck. I kept mine out until I decided on an animal archetype and completed the illustration. I had never thought of keeping blank cards in the deck before, but that's interesting how that turned up for you and how you interpreted it.

Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Postby Crystal Dragon » 23 Jul 2012, 10:36

An interesting thread and I quite like to think of the blank cards as being rather like an artists blank canvas - full of potential or perhaps a clean slate on which to start anew :) When I use these decks I tend to include just one of the blank cards and if it turns up, I like to see what the surrounding cards are and what I feel intuitively.
ImageImageImage

When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power, the world will know peace. (Jimi Hendrix)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened
Anatole France (1844-1924)

Try to remember to be more Cat like... meditate regularly, be boundless and
purr a healing vibration!

Boadicea
OBOD Bard

Postby Boadicea » 28 Jul 2012, 04:23

An interesting thread and I quite like to think of the blank cards as being rather like an artists blank canvas - full of potential or perhaps a clean slate on which to start anew :) When I use these decks I tend to include just one of the blank cards and if it turns up, I like to see what the surrounding cards are and what I feel intuitively.
I like this idea. Unfortunately, all my blank cards are used up. I put the dolphin, the humpback whale and the snail on my three cards. I can't draw so I found some art I liked off of Google images and then resized it to fit the cards. I spent a long time deciding on what images to use though - since I can't draw or paint, if I decide to use someone else's work, it's very important to me that it be just what I would do if I could draw/paint.

Return to “Druid Animal Oracle (DAO) Study Group”