Single & Three Card Spreads?

Subforum for the study of the Druid Animal Oracle
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Boadicea
OBOD Bard

Single & Three Card Spreads?

Postby Boadicea » 02 Jul 2012, 08:24

Hiya,

I noticed that in the guidebook for DAO, particularly the layouts in the back, there is no mention of single card or three card spreads. I really like to use Past/Present/Future spreads and then for the future sometimes draw out eleven more cards to see the future of the entire year. Sometimes I just like to ask one simple question and pull just one card. I haven't practiced with that deck this much but I was wondering if anyone else uses it in these ways or if responds better to using only the spreads in the back since that's what the author put energy into while creating them... Any advice? I'd like to get to know these cards better but the bigger spreads in the back are overwhelming.

Thanks again,

--LadyOfTheTrees

Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Re: Single & Three Card Spreads?

Postby Crystal Dragon » 02 Jul 2012, 10:31

Hi LadyOfThe Trees :)
Single cards and 3 card spreads work just fine with these cards. Indeed, drawing a single card each day can be a good way of exploring this or any deck. As with many tarot/oracle decks, its a case of finding what works best for you - the book is only a guide. When you have worked with these cards for a little while, I think you will find the bigger spreads not so daunting. I hope you enjoy exploring these cards and I'm sure others here will have some thoughts for you.
Blessings,
CD
ImageImageImage

When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power, the world will know peace. (Jimi Hendrix)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened
Anatole France (1844-1924)

Try to remember to be more Cat like... meditate regularly, be boundless and
purr a healing vibration!

Boadicea
OBOD Bard

Re: Single & Three Card Spreads?

Postby Boadicea » 02 Jul 2012, 22:35

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to respond :)

Return to “Druid Animal Oracle (DAO) Study Group”