CRANES and the Veil

Subforum for the study of the Druid Animal Oracle
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Queen_Blossoms
OBOD Ovate

CRANES and the Veil

Postby Queen_Blossoms » 19 Aug 2012, 18:15

I didn't explicitly expect such a gift this morning but that's how these messages happen it seems. In the last 3 weeks, I've been observing three or four Sandhill Cranes in the morning hours on the very south east end of a nearby large lake. I should have taken more note!Today, I rode around 7 sandhill cranes!!! The color breakdown was 5 grayish-brown, and 2 white as snow! They let me and Trapper the Cairn (amazingly) get pretty close. Due to 3 concerns I've had compressing me this week, I take these cranes as well as their location and number as a direct spiritual message for my life now. Trouble is, a complete interpretation is lacking and none of my books or the DAO help fill the blanks! I am missing something here - it's too personal for me I guess. Key words are:

Cranes
Water
Seven
South-East
Morning
Near the tail end of summer!

The 3 serious concerns pressing me this week fall under 2/3 for intimate others and 1/3 for me. Specifically the anxiety surrounding me has been about the beating my body has taken this year, frailty, and time's shortness and how much. A couple of these themes fall over into the concerns regarding my intimates but there are other issues with which they must deal.

The three of us connect to these things and the other two have experienced strange messages the last two weeks..

The crane message may not be about death but about guidance in the otherworld. For some strange reason, the veil between the worlds right now, especially here is thin, and seems nearly invisible. Control issues are going on - the number 7 - who or what has it, loses it, regains it. . .Will the strength come from the same lessons as the Chariot card? And why is the veil so thin now, or is that really important? Perhaps it's the strange weather - not even the end of summer and yet the trees are beginning to change color.

If the Crane were a regular tarot card, which would it be - one or more than one card? The Chariort for sure, but others?

Air is implicit here, but not strong. There's a lot of water. In fact, the Crane cannot survive or thrive without not just water but low, shallow water (hence "sandhill" cranes). Their legs are long so the water isn't just trickling, but you know what I mean. Water plays an important part with this bird.. .but it stands firmly on earth. Yes. Earth is strong in the Crane now. And it's been so hot this summer. Is this causing the leakage?

Any insight you find in this is greatly appreciated! One thing I'm told is to be positive. Positivity is needed very much right now.

Meantime, I'll wait for you here on the sandhill, surrounded by clear, mountain-mirrored water. While I'm waiting, I'll catch us both some dinner!

- Debra

"A feeble mind weakens the body." Jean-Jacques Rousseau
2009 LI

"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." - Robert Leighton

Queen_Blossoms
OBOD Ovate

Re: CRANES and the Veil

Postby Queen_Blossoms » 25 Aug 2012, 17:22

Based on the message last week, I made plans to clean the property inside and out and ritually reset the "wards" Sunday. However, though there is an element of danger involved when the veil of this world is thin, the message is about co-existence and flow and the transition from one way of knowing into another - confirmed by my early morning bike ride around the same lake THIS morning.

Before I reached the lake, two ospreys circled high above the southern part of the water on thermals. I thought I might get to watch them catch breakfast but they turned due north on the air and left me with three white cranes that rested and floated on the water a little way from shore and faced directly east. The immediate vision that came to my mind was the Sun and Earth in space with all of the blueblack matter around and between. I felt balance in this vision, even though the precarious nature of the known and particularly the unknown pressed upon me.

As I made my way further around the lake, at about mile 2, I saw the northern most quadrant of the water filled with a couple hundred white cranes, most floated.

KEY IDEAS: Float both on air and water. Float, rest, and ride. Ebb and flow. The hawk gives way to the crane. Insight gives way to intuition.
2009 LI

"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." - Robert Leighton

Return to “Druid Animal Oracle (DAO) Study Group”