Just recieved My cards and book I have some questions

Subforum for the study of the Druid Animal Oracle
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
soulinchains
OBOD Bard

Just recieved My cards and book I have some questions

Postby soulinchains » 09 Jul 2015, 20:43

Pretty excited, I just purchased this book and cards from Amazon. It was a used copy so i got it super inexpensive. To my surprise when I opened the book. I saw it had been Autographed to the original owner who was named Judith , By Phillip Carr Gomm. I was so pleased!
MY question is I purchased a new deck of card to go with the book. I did not realize the book had cards with it and a cloth. I'm not going use the old cards .I guess, Ill just keep them in a safe place. How should I cleanse the cloth ? I do not want any extra energy other than mine . Any tips would be helpful !
Thank you in advance!

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Re: Just recieved My cards and book I have some questions

Postby ShadowCat » 10 Jul 2015, 07:51

I once bought a deck of cards, don't remember which one, that had a paragraph in the book that went a bit like this:

"Look at the cards backs, see the designwork. Pretty isn't it? Now turn them over, see the individual faces of each card. Wonderful right? Look at the cards from each side and you see they are cardboard with industrial ink. There's even a little trademark on each one. Where's the magic? Is it in the board? In the ink? The cards themselves aren't magical!

Now: look in the mirror........."

The same applies to a used deck or paraphenalia like a spread-cloth. I usually don't worry to much about the percieved esotheric dangers, but more about the smell of stale incense mixed with a whiff of tobacco. Everyone who has ever bought a second-hand spiritual book knows the aroma I think :wink:

If the cloth feels essentially right to you, but is not that fresh, a bit of a wash will wash away both mundane and energetic stains. Use a bit of sage first, add a bit of essential oil to the water, and/or let it dry outside over night under a full moon if that feels right. But then you should be good to go. If that doesn't feel like "enough" cleansing, you should discard it and use something personal instead. Make your own, use something like a silk scarf that ones belonged to a beloved familymember or (if you are a philistine like me) just omit it and lay cards on the bare surface of where-ever you are.

Just a thought: you are not using the cards, but keeping them safe. Is that because of your own perception of them or because of some "rule" someone told you? If you are sensitive to energy on a level that you worry about the energy in the cloth, you might want to seriously consider disposing of the cards... Even if that means selling them on to someone who is okay with them.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

soulinchains
OBOD Bard

Postby soulinchains » 10 Jul 2015, 17:24

Thank You Shadowcat.
The same applies to a used deck or paraphenalia like a spread-cloth. I usually don't worry to much about the perceived esoteric dangers, but more about the smell of stale incense mixed with a whiff of tobacco. Everyone who has ever bought a second-hand spiritual book knows the aroma I think

That is the main reason ~The smell.... Thank you for your reply!

illion
OBOD Ovate

Postby illion » 20 Jul 2015, 09:48

I once bought a deck of cards, don't remember which one, that had a paragraph in the book that went a bit like this:

"Look at the cards backs, see the designwork. Pretty isn't it? Now turn them over, see the individual faces of each card. Wonderful right? Look at the cards from each side and you see they are cardboard with industrial ink. There's even a little trademark on each one. Where's the magic? Is it in the board? In the ink? The cards themselves aren't magical!

Now: look in the mirror........."
Hear, hear :old:

Return to “Druid Animal Oracle (DAO) Study Group”