Druid Oracle App

Subforum for the study of the Druid Animal Oracle
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Kaida
OBOD Bard

Druid Oracle App

Postby Kaida » 27 Jul 2015, 06:18

I'm not sure if people have seen it or not, but there is a mobile app version of the Druid Oracle Cards. I've wanted a set of these for a long time but haven't been able to buy a set because a) I feel like I kind of have to be a closet mystic because I'm a Christian, my husband is Christian, and so is my family, and any form of fortune telling or mysticism is instantly interpreted as evil. =/
And b) because these cards are beautiful, and I feel like to carry around and use such works of art would wear on them and eventually ruin them. I'd want to keep them and look at them forever.

So when I saw the app version on the Google play store for $5 I was like, "heck yeah!" and snatched them up. So far they've been stunning. Great quality images of the cards, full text from the accompanying book, even prefab spreads so you can do reading easily, and a journal to keep notes of the reading. The last one really impressed me. I like to keep logs of readings I do so I can look back on them in the future and see how things played out compared to what the cards said.

Sorry, I kind of just wanted to share this so maybe people in a situation like mine can access this wonderful deck too, and it seems I went and started gushing. ^^;
"Be like a tree, let the dead leaves drop."
~Rumi

illion
OBOD Ovate

Re: Druid Oracle App

Postby illion » 01 Aug 2015, 07:12

Nice to hear of your experiences. I have the cards in cardboard, but rarely use them, and have wondered if the app would be more appropriate for me. Then, they are always there when I need them.

Other experiences about the app in here?
:thinking:

Kaida
OBOD Bard

Postby Kaida » 01 Aug 2015, 21:17

I was using it last night to see what it said about a situation I'm facing that I'd like some clarity on, and I had my media's sound on. Which I normally don't. I didn't realize that the app has narration, telling you what position the card is in. I was using the cauldron spread and I tapped the first card and the voice said "Place of Sea Foam" and it about scared the pants off me because I wasn't expecting it. XD

Once I knew it was coming it was kind of nice. I'm not sure if I'll keep it on or not, but the developer deserves points for going the extra mile and putting audio when s/he really didn't need to. :3
~Rumi

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 02 Aug 2015, 09:28

I have two oracle-apps on my smartphone: Brian Frouds Faerie Oracle and the Druid Oracles app.

For fast "one card' readings I usually use the faerie-oracle. The Druid-app is a bit less sleek, but powerful none the less. I often use it as a referanceguide to the symbols I find in nature and the daycards, when pulled, are often point-on. I find that there is little difference in the accuracy between app and paper cards: the only weakness is userbased: it's easier to use it more fleetingly, more as a game and less as an oracle. Then, of course, it loses value.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Fire oak
OBOD Ovate

Postby Fire oak » 02 Aug 2015, 10:57

I've never used an app for oracle cards but went looking after reading this post and found myself very drawn to the Wildwood Tarot. Has anyone used either the app for this or got the cards? I've never been drawn to tarot before either so this is kinda surprising.
Fire Oak

ImageImage

Kaida
OBOD Bard

Postby Kaida » 03 Aug 2015, 07:27

I've never used an app for oracle cards but went looking after reading this post and found myself very drawn to the Wildwood Tarot. Has anyone used either the app for this or got the cards? I've never been drawn to tarot before either so this is kinda surprising.
I don't know much about it other than it's been on my radar because of it's pretty artwork. I've used generic digital tarot decks in the past (particularly Galaxy Tarot) and find I like them less in general from runes and more recently the druid oracle cards. I feel there are just too many different cards to keep track of, and while an app really helps, I like to know my cards, it makes me feel like I can understand a reading more truly than relying on the provided translation. ^^;
I have two oracle-apps on my smartphone: Brian Frouds Faerie Oracle and the Druid Oracles app.

For fast "one card' readings I usually use the faerie-oracle. The Druid-app is a bit less sleek, but powerful none the less. I often use it as a referanceguide to the symbols I find in nature and the daycards, when pulled, are often point-on. I find that there is little difference in the accuracy between app and paper cards: the only weakness is userbased: it's easier to use it more fleetingly, more as a game and less as an oracle. Then, of course, it loses value.
I've never heard of the Faerie Oracle, do you know if it's on Android as well, or if it costs anything?
~Rumi

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 03 Aug 2015, 08:25

I don't know if it's on Android, I've only ever had this one ancient Iphone I still use :oops:
If it is available you should find it in the Androidstore. There are two: "the heart of Faery" and "The Faery oracle".
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

Kaida
OBOD Bard

Postby Kaida » 04 Aug 2015, 00:38

I don't know if it's on Android, I've only ever had this one ancient Iphone I still use :oops:
If it is available you should find it in the Androidstore. There are two: "the heart of Faery" and "The Faery oracle".
Thanks, ShadowCat. I'll have to look for those, I wasn't sure exactly what name I was looking for. I Spelled it "Faerie". ^^;
~Rumi

Return to “Druid Animal Oracle (DAO) Study Group”