Druid Source Book.. and delving back in.

For discussion of books, movies, plays and other literature relevant to Druidry
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.

Druid Source Book.. and delving back in.

Postby bayemtur » 21 Aug 2010, 09:01

Hi All,

Way back in the late '90's I started learning of Druidry, read a bunch of books, did the Intro OBOD Bardic package and was initiated at a Summer Solstice gathering in California. Shortly thereafter, life took a turn and all things Druidry went into storage. Recently digging through boxes I came upon the gwersi and The Druid Way by PCG, alas the rest of my books are nowhere to be found. So needless to say I reread the gwersi and the Druid Way, and am itching to delve back in. I just ordered The Book of Druidry by Ross Nichols and am looking at other books to order online. There are 3 books in particular by John Matthews that I would like to hear some opinions on before I order them:

The Druid Source Book
The Celtic Seers' Source Book
The Bardic Source Book

...if anyone would be so kind to give opinions/reviews/criticisms of these books it would be greatly appreciated.

OBOD Ovate

Re: Druid Source Book.. and delving back in.

Postby DaRC » 23 Aug 2010, 16:34

I've only got the Celtic Seers Source Book but found the articles and content inspirational and would consider it necessary reading if you're interested in Celtic divination.
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Return to “The Reading Room”