Book by Sirona Knight

For discussion of books, movies, plays and other literature relevant to Druidry
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
MoonGoddess9

Book by Sirona Knight

Postby MoonGoddess9 » 04 Oct 2011, 07:08

Hi there, I had a question about a book. I got this book awhile ago called, "Exploring Celtic Druidism" , by Sirona Knight. I picked it up the other day to read it, and when I started reading it It said it was about Gwyddonic Druidism. I do not know what that is, but I think it is a different kind of Druidism than this board correct? I say that because I ordered the Intro.study pack from here and I did not see that word once. I probably sound like a dizzy female but I am a beginner at most of this. So my question is should I read it, will it just confuse me, what is the difference from that kind of druidism to this kind? Thanks for any info. about this.
Get the plank out of your own eye before trying to get the splinter out of your brothers!

Art
OBOD Druid

Re: Book by Sirona Knight

Postby Art » 04 Oct 2011, 07:52

One of our Welsh speakers will need to weigh in on this but as far as I can tell, Gwyddonic isn't even a word. You might want to look at some of the reviews for the book either on Amazon or elsewhere on the net. It's generally not held in very high regard. Perhaps someone in here is familar with it and can comment with some authority.

MoonGoddess9

Re: Book by Sirona Knight

Postby MoonGoddess9 » 04 Oct 2011, 17:09

Hi there, well thanks for your input. I checked the book again to make sure i had the word right and I do, heres a quote in the introduction. "The Gwyddonic Druid tradition represents pieces of the ancient knowledge of the sky-Gods that came down to Earth..."-Sirona Knight
Get the plank out of your own eye before trying to get the splinter out of your brothers!

Return to “The Reading Room”