Has anyone read...?

For discussion of books, movies, plays and other literature relevant to Druidry
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Boadicea
OBOD Bard

Has anyone read...?

Postby Boadicea » 04 May 2012, 08:46

Has anyone read The Path of Druidry by Penny Billington? I tend to get through my gwersi before my next packet so I just bought this book in order to do further study. I haven't started reading it yet, but I was just wondering, has anyone else read this and how did you like it? Was it a helpful supplement to the OBOD course material?

Also, as a side note, I started using DruidSpace but I don't have any message boards on there to meet friends. So anyway, check out my profile (I have LOTS of pictures) and send me a friend invitation if you'd like to chat back and forth :)

Here's the link: http://druidspace.ning.com/profile/NatalieDianneDavis

Thanks!

Kishi
OBOD Bard

Re: Has anyone read...?

Postby Kishi » 04 May 2012, 09:24

Hi, I read Penny's book before signing up to OBOD's Bardic course. It was fascinating to read and work through, and so far has made the course material more familiar and easier to grasp.
'Would to God that all the Lord's people were prophets' Numbers 11:29

Erithe
OBOD Bard

Postby Erithe » 04 May 2012, 14:02

hi! I have both it and the Gwersi and have been reading them together. I also have the book The Celtic Spirit by Mara Freeman which is excellent (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006251 ... 01_s00_i02). Altogether, those books really give me a rich experience alongside the Gwersi.

"We are happy when for everything inside us there is a corresponding something outside us."
~ William Butler Yeats

Rowanberry
OBOD Ovate

Postby Rowanberry » 06 May 2012, 07:36

Hi,

I'm an OBOD Ovate and I found Penny Billington's book to be an excellent companion to the gwersi. It's a fresh view to these things, and very practical. I really recommend it for further studies between the gwersi.

Rowanberry
"It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end."
- Ursula K. Le Guin -
Image Image

Boadicea
OBOD Bard

Postby Boadicea » 07 May 2012, 05:50

Interesting. I'm glad everyone has a good opinion of it. I have it but haven't started reading it yet. It has the the gwersi following all of the lessons in it. I don't have Mara's book, but I have her Avalonian visions CD - don't have the exact title of the CD off the tip of my tongue. I will check out her book to go with it as well.

Return to “The Reading Room”