Druid Magic: The Practice of Celtic Wisdom

For discussion of books, movies, plays and other literature relevant to Druidry
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
BlazeLeeDragon
OBOD Bard

Druid Magic: The Practice of Celtic Wisdom

Postby BlazeLeeDragon » 24 Jan 2013, 22:00

thoughts on this book? I like the parts that Mann wrote more then sutton. I also didn't like the P.hD for practicing holistic druid :S

all in all I didn't like the book, and I'm rather disappointed with it. how did everyone else feel?
May the peace of the season find you,
Blaze Dragon

Image Image

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: Druid Magic: The Practice of Celtic Wisdom

Postby Heddwen » 25 Jan 2013, 12:04

Well, I rather liked the book! I read it when first embarking on the druid path and have read it many times since, always getting something new from it. What type of druidry books do you like to read, BLD? Which do you reccommend?
I'm into the Path of Druidry by Penny Billington at the moment. It's an excellent read and workshop type of book.

Art
OBOD Druid

Postby Art » 25 Jan 2013, 15:43

I rather liked the book for what it is. It does tend to be a bit cheesy in places but taken with a grain of salt it presents some interesting psychological constructs, is an easy read, and overall tends to be worth the time.

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 25 Jan 2013, 17:21

I'm into the Path of Druidry by Penny Billington at the moment. It's an excellent read and workshop type of book.
I agree, Heddwen.
I'm reading this right now and I really value it. I think she brings a new perspective to the work.

BlazeLeeDragon
OBOD Bard

Postby BlazeLeeDragon » 15 Mar 2013, 02:33

Well, I rather liked the book! I read it when first embarking on the druid path and have read it many times since, always getting something new from it. What type of druidry books do you like to read, BLD? Which do you reccommend?
So far it's hard to find any good books I do like the Book of Druidry by Ross Nichols which was published by Philip Car-Gomm. I also liked reading 21 lessons regardless of the accuracy, and of course I read druid magic I also have celtic magic by DJ Conway which is not to bad and the druids by peter berresford ellis which i have not read yet. might have another book or two druid related but those are the only ones I can think of.
May the peace of the season find you,
Blaze Dragon

Image Image

Return to “The Reading Room”