Story and Song, beautful expressions of Druid-like ideals

For discussion of books, movies, plays and other literature relevant to Druidry
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Violet_Raven
OBOD Bard

Story and Song, beautful expressions of Druid-like ideals

Postby Violet_Raven » 27 Jul 2014, 15:33

I have begun to see that I can find principles of Druidry through several profound songs and a recent movie all intended for children and families but which are beautiful expressions of love and creativity.

The Movie is the Croods full of metaphor and wonderfully mulch-faceted with a truly beautiful message. The song Shine from this movie has become very spiritually significant to me.

Also, Elton John soundtrack version of Circle of Life always brings me great comfort and I am always moved by Colors of the Wind.
Blessings of the Sun and Moon to All

treegod
OBOD Druid

Re: Story and Song, beautful expressions of Druid-like ideal

Postby treegod » 27 Jul 2014, 18:45

The Fraggles. There's always a moral to the story and resolution of problems. One of my favourite episodes is the one where they search for the "Treasure of Fraggle Rock", imagining jewels and gold, etc. and finding out that it's music.

Return to “The Reading Room”