Free Natal Charts

Subforum for discussion of astrology-related topics
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Free Natal Charts

Postby Donata » 07 Nov 2006, 17:47

Free charts can be created at:

http://www.astro.com/

A free chart and a very good interpretation of the chart here (my chart interpretation was 90% accurate!):

http://www.0800-horoscope.com/birthchart.php

Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Seko
OBOD Ovate

Postby Seko » 08 Nov 2006, 14:54

Hello Donata,

I was to follow the second link that you give in your message and I have entered some data to verify exactness of the information that are offered on this site.

The first question I had is the manner of which the sidereal time is calculated. The data that I have enter into the site are:  Hour of birth 8:25, location Montreal (Canada), and the month of birth is October.  I have not entered the hour correction in my calculation, because on the site  is mentioned that we do not must correct the birth time..  The sidereal time that the site gives me is 9:41.

Nevertheless, some taking account of the summer time or simply the gap schedule with Greenwich , that is of 4:54:36 and not 4:00, I do not arrive to the same result that the site.

I ask the question because I never found a site, or a software that be able to calculate the sidereal time with exactness, you seem to have had a different experience to this matter.  You had not errors in the calculations that you received of this site?

Donata
OBOD Druid

Postby Donata » 08 Nov 2006, 16:46

Hi Seko,

I'm too much an amateur to answer your questions. Maybe one of the more informed members here could check out the site and give us their view of it?

Overall I found it accurate with the main points, so I'd say about 85% accurate for me.

BB
Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

ImageImage ImageImage

Fitheach
OBOD Druid

Postby Fitheach » 09 Nov 2006, 05:47

Thanks for the URLs, Donata!
Tha gliocas an ceann an fhitich
Image Image Image

shirley mclaren
OBOD Ovate

Postby shirley mclaren » 09 Nov 2006, 09:49

I have used this site before.  I know nothing ab out astrology etc. but found in my case, it was around 90% accurate.

BB

Shirley

astrocelt

Postby astrocelt » 10 Nov 2006, 10:50

Hi Seko,

I’ll try and do my best to start to answer this question for you. It sounds you have had some experience calculating the coordinates by hand is available, but unsure whether this is correct? Specifically where there’s some difficulty in accepting the computed sidereal time (*SRT). If I read your post correctly are you staying the SRT at Greenwich is 4:54:36 at your time of Birth (*TOB), and the SRT at Montreal is 4:00, or are both being given for either Greenwich/Montreal?

Ac

Seko
OBOD Ovate

Postby Seko » 04 Dec 2006, 16:27

Thank you for your answer AstroCelt, and I am sure that if it's possible to you to answer Donata, you will make it with pleasure :)

With regard to my question, I said simply that when I put the data on the site higher, it does not seem to hold account of the time between Montreal and Greenwich. The site rather gives me only one hour of difference with the time a entered. However that should be at less 4 hours, and more accurately 4:36.

Much site I tried are not exact with regard to the birth time correction. I like to be able to make manually calculation and entrer thereafter on Internet site. My experiment of the astrology site brought me there, but I am curious to know if other people arrived them also at the same report, or if their experiment is different :)

Donata
OBOD Druid

Postby Donata » 04 Dec 2006, 16:31

Hi Seko,

I'm just an amateur! for me, the sites gave a good chart, similar to one I learned to do by hand. My birth time was correct. I don't know what to do if there is a problem.

BB
Donata

ImageImage ImageImage

Saoirse

Postby Saoirse » 04 Dec 2006, 17:55

Hi all  :hiya:
I've just had a go at the links above. The first is pretty accurate in the calculations and interpretations though lacks the integration of a personal reading.
The second has a flaw in the program. The minutes tend to slip back to zero between windows. If you make sure that the minutes are correct before clicking "calculate" each time, the calculations can be more accurate.
Saoirse  :wink:
I smile because I have no idea what's going on.

Bloom where you're planted.

Circle of the Four Dragons

astrocelt

Postby astrocelt » 05 Dec 2006, 01:29

With regard to my question, I said simply that when I put the data on the site higher, it does not seem to hold account of the time between Montreal and Greenwich.
Thank you for the clarification. All astrology charts are calculated from and taken as if one was born in Greenwich at zero degrees longitude. This is why astrology requires the place of birth; this is then converted into degrees of longitude and latitude, and further moved into time/distance either West or East of Greenwich. As for time, the TOB (time of birth) is always adjusted to GMT, which in some cases requires subtracting an hour, or even two hours depending on what the year is when double time was in operation. So the hour which is being subtracted is taking summertime (A = Alpha time) back to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time i.e. Z = Zulu time). If you are born when summer time when alpha time was enforced that an hour would be required to be taken of the 08:25 TOB adjusting it back to GMT or Zulu Time. If this is the case the adjustments of subtracting the 73.34 degrees in time to Montreal from zero degrees. This will give a local (Montreal) sidereal (or Star time) of 9 hrs.17 min 40 sec. Even though the local time at Montreal is 08.25hrs, the time in Greenwich is 15.25hrs alpha in summertime. If we are in winter/Zulu time then we simply subtract an hour off both those figures given.

Perhaps the reason why there is no need to allow for any time adjustments, when using the free astrology programme. This could indicate that within the calculation sequence, it automatically recognises the date inputted and checks it against when the time change occurs between summer and winter in any year, making any adjustment internally on an automated calculation sequence.

If I take the liberty to utilise some information taken of this board with your TOB, and calculate, using a different astrology programme. The Freeware programme might harmonise with an Ascendant of 17.02 degrees Scorpio on the 1st 0ctober. It should them move progressively forward; where by the 19th it’s reached 29.42 degrees, and changes sign, the following morning to 1.13 degrees Sagittarius; by the end of the month the Asc has reached 9.41 degrees Sagittarius. This is all dependant of the correctness of the board’s information source.

:where: Hopefully this could be some assistance. :)

Ac

Seko
OBOD Ovate

Postby Seko » 05 Dec 2006, 03:02

Firstly, thank you for your answer!...

When I read your message for the first time, I had the impression to read of Chinese!... But I read it again since, some times, by taking a sentence at a time, and I have some questions, if I can...:)

You seem to use a method of calculation (At least the software seems to use) that I do not know. That remove nothing to the method, quite to the contrary, that returns to me curious about all this! You allow that I compare a little this method with that which I learned?

When I calculate sidereal time for a subject, I correct in first legal time by adjusting that time according to the winter or summer time, for my case, that correction is 1 hour to substract., then I add the correction of sidereal time found in ephemeris book. For Montreal, it is 4:54. For the cities as Montreal which are at east of Greenwich, I adding directly this hour with the time of birth. Finally, for each hour, I add 10 seconds, corresponding to the correction of sidereal time. The result is given by

TOD - 4:54 (time Shift) - 1:00 (adjustment winter time) + 0:1:42 (adjustment Sidereal Time) + 2:08 (Sidereal Hour for the day of birth)

What gives in the case given (8:25), a sidereal time of 14:30.

Your method seems much simpler to use. Could you give me some links where I could learn some more about it? Or if yourself could describe me quickly the concept of time Alpha and Zulu? I thank you in advance for your answer! :) It's great if I can learn a little more about your method, to compare with the one I learned. Do you know the difference with the two methods? It's a geographical aspect of the astrology? Or a cultural result?

Thanks a lot again for your answers and your time... :) :shake:

Seko

astrocelt

Postby astrocelt » 06 Dec 2006, 02:27

Hi

The easiest way to do this, if you would like to pm the necessary details over, I'll calculate it by hand and send you these. Then you can compare notes. I did originally use logarithms for chart calculations when I started off. But have since located another easier method which is a little quicker.
Perhaps this is the better solution for this. Please bear in mind it may not be an instant reply, but a reply you'll certainly have, if you wish to take up this offer  :shake:

In the meantime have a look at http://www3.shastacollege.edu/dscollon/ ... ne_map.JPG for an understanding of time zones.

There is also this http://aa.usno.navy.mil/graphics/TimeZoneMap2004.png which have the zones in there alphebetical order. But its a large detail file and may take a few minutes to download.

Blessings
Ac

Return to “Astrology”