Simple basics - Water signs - Cancer Scorpio Pisces

Subforum for discussion of astrology-related topics
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Crystal Dragon
OBOD Druid

Simple basics - Water signs - Cancer Scorpio Pisces

Postby Crystal Dragon » 21 Nov 2006, 16:56

Rather than listing each WATER sign separately, I thought it might be best to put all 3 together and then anyone who has a Water Sun sign, Ascendant or Moon placing can post here. Also, anyone who knows a Water sign is welcome to post here - what type of person are they and how does the Water element affect them? If the Sun sign and Ascendant are different signs, how does one affect the other? Please also refer to the Element of Earth thread and the other element threads.

Water sign people tend to be emotional with strong intuitive instincts

CANCER     22nd June - 22nd July       Symbolised by a CRAB              Mid summer
(The symbol and time of year can also provide clues about a sign)
A CARDINAL Water sign - Cardinal signs like to try new things and/or start new things
Ruling planet - MOON - emotions, instincts, intuition
(The ruling planet also contributes characteristics to the sign)
Body area associated with this sign - chest and alimentary canal

SCORPIO        24th October - 22nd November       A SCORPION           Autumn                    
A FIXED Water sign - fixed sign people are very set in their ways and views
Ruling planet - PLUTO (traditionally Mars) - elimination, eruptive change
Body area - reproductive system

PISCES    19th February - 20th March             FISH         Early Spring
A MUTABLE Water sign - mutable sign people like to go with the flow, they are easy going
Ruling planet - Neptune (traditionally Jupiter) - creativity, dreaminess, unreality
Body area - feet
ImageImageImage

When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power, the world will know peace. (Jimi Hendrix)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened
Anatole France (1844-1924)

Try to remember to be more Cat like... meditate regularly, be boundless and
purr a healing vibration!

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 22 Nov 2006, 23:04

I'm an Aquarius, Air, intellectual and somewhat detached, with a Moon in Cancer! that can be interesting, and cause inner conflict! Cancer Moon is sensitive, even moody, and easily hurt. Very much affected by the moon phases. (so be gentle!)

Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Dair Ciúin

Postby Dair Ciúin » 22 Nov 2006, 23:12

Wow! I'm an Aquarius with Moon in Cancer, too!  :o

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 22 Nov 2006, 23:16

Aren't we great? |-)

Interesting combination! One of my best friends is the opposite - Sun in Cancer and Moon in Aquarius.

Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Liberal Fairy

Scorpio

Postby Liberal Fairy » 02 Jan 2007, 02:33

I'm a Scorpio with the Moon in Libra and Saggitarius rising.

Water... makes me feel calm and serene. I am most at peace when sat on a rock, as far out as I can climb, by the ocean. Then I feel completely at one with creation.

"Scorpio is a fixes sign... scorpios are very set in their ways..."

Hmmm.... maybe its because I'm close to the cusp with Libra etc... but I don't think that's me at all.

I'm highly adaptive and independant, and good at dealing with new situations and new people. Hugely creative and excellent at problem solving.

The moon and rising signs are interesting...

My current boyfriend is a Libra. I have another old flame who is Saggitarius!

Ummm.... with the Libra... it was more a chemistry and then thinking similarly about things. With the Saggitarius... well, it was passion and friendship and trust. We're still really good friends now.

I do feel sometimes like these things are at odds though. Like my passionate creative side is juxtapositioned with my careful, balance orientated side. Perhaps the way I feel like I can sense that inbalance just adds weight to that.

Airmid'sCat

Re: Simple basics - Water signs - Cancer Scorpio Pisces

Postby Airmid'sCat » 13 Mar 2010, 18:58

Although I am Aires rising Aires -he he quite fiery my Mars is in Aquarius - airy, cookie and kind of detached - but things start looking really interesting when you start looking at my other major planets - the Moon, Venus and Mercury are all in Pisces....and all of those planets are in the 12th house. . My North Node (Life Purpose?) Is Virgo therefore South Node (comfort zone/origins/karma?) are in Pisces 12th house also. As yet I am on the Bardic path - which I am loving - but definitely feel lead to the Ovate path. I seem to have become sensative to atmospheres other realms/spirits/guides animals since my moons stopped. Finding the OBODs was a goddess send and feel a lot more comfortable with myself now that I have an inner grove to go to.
I receive the New Moon forecast from Astrocal and there is a lot of activity in Pisces at present including some of my natal planets..to add to that a very recent tarot spread revealed The Moon in upcoming influences. Having such a water-heavy chart at present has anyone any advise.. .now may or may not be a good time for new projects?...my intuition is kind of fuzzy right now (maybe misty would be a better metaphor) :adrift:

Should I beware the Ides of March? :D
Blessings
/|\ Cat
Wandering the wildwood, glancing the tideline.

ImageImageImage

Airmid'sCat

Postby Airmid'sCat » 13 Mar 2010, 20:54

I was pootling round Astolabe and found this report for my chart....I think I've an answer to my question.

Pluto is Sextile your Neptune applying with an orb of 03 degrees 21 minutes.
This is a time for renewing goals and visions, transforming your expectations, and using your imagination. The energies of this transit will find easy expression in music and the arts. You may also pick up on and work with spiritual or psychic energies. :idea:
This is encouraging....but help with my general damp nature would be helpful :D

Bright Blessings

/|\ Cat
Wandering the wildwood, glancing the tideline.

ImageImageImage

Nikki 2
OBOD Bard

Postby Nikki 2 » 22 Aug 2010, 23:18

Hi
I have my sun in Cancer and also my moon in Cancer. Ruling planet - the moon.

(and nothing more than coincidence I know, but brought up in a house called Moonrakers).
Born the day after the solstice and with an ascendant Capricorn.

I am very affected by the moon phases - I am at my happiest and brightest at full moon and I'm generally low at dark moon. Erm . . . Lunatic or Werewolf? :grin: :grin:
Any insight on this would be great. :blink:
Image Image
2010 SB
2010 LI Image
2011 SB

"Deep calls to deep at the sound of thy waterfalls"

MiriamSPia

Postby MiriamSPia » 01 Nov 2010, 21:58

Hi
I have my sun in Cancer and also my moon in Cancer. Ruling planet - the moon.

(and nothing more than coincidence I know, but brought up in a house called Moonrakers).
Born the day after the solstice and with an ascendant Capricorn.

I am very affected by the moon phases - I am at my happiest and brightest at full moon and I'm generally low at dark moon. Erm . . . Lunatic or Werewolf? :grin: :grin:
Any insight on this would be great. :blink:
The ascendant might give the rest of the package some structure...like humans as 'bags of water' where the earthy part is the actual fleshy holding the water into a form part of the organism....ya know.

Water, like Fire is easy in that it is such a discrete element in real life. Air is as well, but its not the same. I agree that emotional awareness, intuitions etc. are associated with water, so is life itself, not to mention sexual arousal. All involve water or wateriness. I have gone so far as to ponder: was Jesus Christ only able to perform those miracles because he had lots of water in his birth chart? There really is "something about it".

Return to “Astrology”