Balancing the basics?

Subforum for discussion of astrology-related topics
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
ElementalBeing
OBOD Bard

Balancing the basics?

Postby ElementalBeing » 22 Aug 2010, 16:32

Born the day after summer solstice on the new moon, - sun in Cancer, moon in Cancer, ruling planet moon.

To me as a beginner at serious astrology, my wife's natal chart certainly has a very interesting and dominant theme. :grin:

I have scoured Parker's Astrology and various "beginners' guides", to gauge quite how significant this particular conjunction might be, but have only succeeded in bogging myself down.

I would welcome any informed comment or suggestion of where I might look next.

Bonus information: with ascendant Capricorn - how does this modify the above? :???:

Richard

Donata
    OBOD Druid
    Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Re: Balancing the basics?

Postby Donata » 25 Aug 2010, 18:32

I'm a total amateur! that said, the typical correspondences for the Moon are emotional, empathic, psychic, dreamy, moody. Sun and Moon with the Moon will emphasize these tendencies.
    Capricorn, as an earth sign, tends to be practical, 'down to earth', etc., so this could be a good balance with the Moon signs in the chart. The ascendant is as important as the sun and moon signs.

There are more knowledgeable folk here!

BB
    Donata
    In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
    http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

ElementalBeing
    OBOD Bard

Re: Balancing the basics?

Postby ElementalBeing » 26 Aug 2010, 22:04

Hi Donata,

How come you know my wife so well? Lol - clearly not such an amateur, judging by your posts. :grin:

Thank you for taking the time to reply

BB Richard

Return to “Astrology”