Concept

This is a read-only forum containing important information for all users of this message board.
Taurus
OBOD Bard

Concept

Postby Taurus » 29 Jan 2012, 21:00

I write something in concept and want to put it in the subject, how can i do that? I tried to make an copy but it doesn't work. So is there someone can help me? :shrug:

Greeting from an helpless Dutchman
Taurus.

paikea
OBOD Bard

Re: Concept

Postby paikea » 30 Jan 2012, 09:05

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking? I'm happy to chat in Dutch if thats easier?

Taurus
OBOD Bard

Postby Taurus » 30 Jan 2012, 10:06

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking? I'm happy to chat in Dutch if thats easier?
Graag, dank je, Ik heb een bericht gemaakt en opgeslagen in concept. Daarna wilde ik het bericht afmaken en plaatsen in het forum. Dat lukt mij niet. :shrug: Het betreft een vraag over reizen naar Ierland.

Ik hoop dat je een oplossing hebt,

Hartelijke groet,
Kees.

paikea
OBOD Bard

Postby paikea » 30 Jan 2012, 10:15

Hoe probeer je dit te plaatsen? Ik kan als ik hier iets in word of zo schrijf het gewoon met de rechter muis knop kopieren en dan plakken in het forum.

Taurus
OBOD Bard

Postby Taurus » 30 Jan 2012, 13:50

Hoe probeer je dit te plaatsen? Ik kan als ik hier iets in word of zo schrijf het gewoon met de rechter muis knop kopieren en dan plakken in het forum.
Ik had een bericht gemaakt in het Message board. Maar dat was nog niet af en toen heb ik dat opgeslagensvolgend de knop 'Opslaan' Dan wordt het bericht opgeslagen in Concept. Ik ben toen naar mijn account gegaan en onder concepten heb ik mijn bericht weer opgehaald. Dat heb ik verder afgemaakt en wilde dat publiceren in het Message board maar dat lukt dus niet. Ik heb ook geprobeerd om het te kopieren maar dat gaat ook niet. Dus hoe nu verder?

paikea
OBOD Bard

Postby paikea » 30 Jan 2012, 14:52

Ah sorry nou snap ik het. Dit is een technisch probleem denk ik. Maar wat als je nou het bericht kopieert en in word zet en dan een nieuw bericht aanmakt en het daar in terug kopieert?

Just to translate Taurus wrote a message on the forum and instead of finishing it it was saved and he retrieved this morning with the intention of publishing it once the message was finished. He finished the message but now is not able to publish it. I am guessing this is technical?

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 30 Jan 2012, 16:25

It's hard to say without knowing a little more. For instance, what happened when he clicked "Submit"? Did he receive an error message? Or did his post just disappear and not post? How long did he take to finish the message once he's retrieved it? While there is not (technically) a limit to how long a user may take to compose a post, we've just about all, at some time or another, lost a post we've worked on for a long time. It doesn't always happen, but it happens often enough that we recommend composing long posts offline, then pasting it into the message window. Or, as I usually do (when I remember :oops: ), copy the finished post and paste it into Word, Notepad, or something, before hitting Submit, so if the cyberspace gremlins get it, I can try again without losing what I've written. (Of course, what usually happens is that if I copy it for safekeeping, it posts perfectly; if I forget to copy it, it disappears. All we can guess is that the board is infested with sentient, malevolent electrons who enjoy frustrating random users. :) )

If we can get a little more data on Taurus's problem, I might be able to figure out why it happened, but chances are it's just one of those occasional glitches with no known (by me) cause or solution.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

paikea
OBOD Bard

Postby paikea » 30 Jan 2012, 16:36

He saved his posts. When you are writing a post at the bottom you can save preview or submit. It is my understanding that it was saved and then opened again the next day to finish and publish. The problem is that he can see the post but not publish it.
I did suggest using word to compose a message :)

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 30 Jan 2012, 17:38

OK, just to be sure he understands how the saved post thing works, here are the steps (in English; paikea, can you translate and post this in Dutch, for the benefit of any other Dutch speakers who may have the same problem?):

New post:
  • Click "New Topic"
  • Name the topic and compose the message.
  • Click "Save" instead of "Submit."
  • You get a message that says, "Please note that saved drafts only include the subject and the message, any other element will be removed. Do you want to save your draft now?"
  • Click "Yes"
When you are ready to resume:
  • Go to the appropriate forum, click "New Topic" again but this time click "Load" instead of just starting to type a message.
  • You get a message that says, "Here you are able to select the draft you want to continue writing. Your current post will be cancelled, all current post contents will be deleted. View, edit and delete drafts within your User Control Panel." And it presents a list of your saved drafts.
  • Select the appropriate one by clicking on its name. Your saved draft appears in the box where you would have composed your new message.
  • Finish your saved message and click "Submit."
The message should appear just as it would if you composed it all at one sitting.

Replying to an existing topic is done the same way, except instead of "New Topic," you click "Reply" to begin your message. After your draft is saved and you're ready to resume, again you go to the existing thread, click "Reply," then "Load," and proceed as above.

Is he doing it exactly that way? If he is, then I would say, yes, it's a technical problem, and unfortunately, I don't know a solution because it works for me. If not, then it's user error and can be corrected by following those steps.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

paikea
OBOD Bard

Postby paikea » 30 Jan 2012, 18:12

Ik heb het forum niet op het Nederlands staan dus ik hoop dat de dingen zoals submit etc duidelijk zijn laat het anders even weten en dan kijk ik hoe ik de taal omzet :)

Click Nieuw onderwerp
Geef de post een naam en schrijf je bericht
Click op save
Dan krijg je een bericht dat zegt:
"Please note that saved drafts only include the subject and the message, any other element will be removed. Do you want to save your draft now?"
Click op yes/ja

Je bewaarde bericht versturen:
Ga naar het betreffende forum en click new topic/nieuw bericht
ipv je bericht te typen click op load/laad
Dan krijg je een bericht:
"Here you are able to select the draft you want to continue writing. Your current post will be cancelled, all current post contents will be deleted. View, edit and delete drafts within your User Control Panel."
En dan krijg je een lijst met bewaarde berichten.
Click op het bericht dat je wilt plaatsen en dan zou het getypte bericht moeten verschijnen.
Maak je bericht af en click op submit
JE bericht zou nu gewoon op het forum zichtbaar moeten zijn

Zou dit willen doen als antwoord op een bestaand bericht ga je hetzelvde te werk met een verandering je klikt op reply ipv new topic

Als je dit idd zo doet en het lukt niet zou het gewoon een glitch zijn dat helaas wel vaker voorkomt in fora.

Thanks Selene for the quick response!

Taurus
OBOD Bard

Postby Taurus » 30 Jan 2012, 22:43

Ik heb het forum niet op het Nederlands staan dus ik hoop dat de dingen zoals submit etc duidelijk zijn laat het anders even weten en dan kijk ik hoe ik de taal omzet :)

Click Nieuw onderwerp
Geef de post een naam en schrijf je bericht
Click op save
Dan krijg je een bericht dat zegt:
"Please note that saved drafts only include the subject and the message, any other element will be removed. Do you want to save your draft now?"
Click op yes/ja

Je bewaarde bericht versturen:
Ga naar het betreffende forum en click new topic/nieuw bericht
ipv je bericht te typen click op load/laad
Dan krijg je een bericht:
"Here you are able to select the draft you want to continue writing. Your current post will be cancelled, all current post contents will be deleted. View, edit and delete drafts within your User Control Panel."
En dan krijg je een lijst met bewaarde berichten.
Click op het bericht dat je wilt plaatsen en dan zou het getypte bericht moeten verschijnen.
Maak je bericht af en click op submit
JE bericht zou nu gewoon op het forum zichtbaar moeten zijn

Zou dit willen doen als antwoord op een bestaand bericht ga je hetzelvde te werk met een verandering je klikt op reply ipv new topic

Als je dit idd zo doet en het lukt niet zou het gewoon een glitch zijn dat helaas wel vaker voorkomt in fora.

Thanks Selene for the quick response!
.Thank you so much Paikea and Selene for your help. It works perfect en the message is on the board.
Both of you were very helpfull !

Warm greetings
Taurus
:hug:

Return to “How to Use This Message Board”