Fairies and dreams

A place for exploration and discussion of all forms of divination, such as Ogham, Tarot, Runes and dowsing.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Caristiona
OBOD Bard

Fairies and dreams

Postby Caristiona » 21 Apr 2011, 00:35

Hello everyone!

I don't even know from where to start...

Fairies come in dream? Is is okay to talk about it if you had one with them? I heard we can't tell people when we see them... can one share to see if there is a message?

It may sound ridiculous but are there male and female ones? child ones?
Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl

wyeuro
OBOD Druid

Re: Fairies and dreams

Postby wyeuro » 21 Apr 2011, 04:10

there are all kinds of different kinds of fairies, from gnomes and brownies, 'little people', pixies, and the little norse elves, to the delicate gossamer-fine flying fairies, plant spirits and nature spirits - as many as you can find depicted in the literature and more. each has their own way, so it very much depends what sort of fairies you're dealing with, whether they want you to share about the experiences you have with them or not.

most fairies have males and females, some kinds don't have babies the way we do, but most do. some of the winged, sylph-like ones are only just beginning to create their male forms. i write about this in my book if you'd like to read it: http://wyldwyverne.wordpress.com/2010/1 ... wild-moon/. it's free.

if they haven't told you not to, they probably expect you to, since the ones that come out of the blue and talk to you directly are usually as aware of and excited by the new fairy awareness that is flourishing in our world now and are helping it into being. it's very exciting for you, this dream! you are so blessed.
wyverne

Caristiona
OBOD Bard

Postby Caristiona » 21 Apr 2011, 17:37

Thank you, I will read!

I had this dream a few years back, when I was seeking for my path, when I once asked for a tree in front of my window (I live in a building, in the 7th floor) that when I was ready for it, for them (nature) to show me.

By that time, I had some "weird" dreams, one of them was with the ones I said. Never said I couldn't share my dream. Maybe I have to understand, maybe there is nothing to understand just that it happened :)

They were in my room looking for a food I had that the Queen wanted and now I'm not sure if it was the only thing she could have. Details I don't remember, but they were beautiful creatures.

Then, after this one, I had others but not with them, but with hooded men. Guess it's another topic.

Both intrigues me since I had them
Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl

reilz81
OBOD Bard

Postby reilz81 » 20 May 2011, 14:07

have just had a quick skim very nice book.

I have had a few experiences, (that i recall) from a child, one of them i was about to get changed, i would of been about 7 or 8, i opened my cubbord to find a bright blue light eminating, the light faded and i could see her i can give you her name i usually spell it wrong though lol.

Anyway she had intricate wings, she was bigger then me, i cant remember what she said to me, but it had a calming effect on me, then she turned herself small and flew off. I havent seen her since that day, but i do feel her presence sometimes. Another expirience i had was when i was first getting into wicca, i was trying to train myself to meditate, and this time i was deep in it, and i heard this beautiful music, and in my head i had a vision of these i guess they would of been elves, they didnt have wings they were quite small yet beautiful, male and female anyway the music was like nothing i have heard before.

wyeuro
OBOD Druid

Postby wyeuro » 21 May 2011, 02:24

oh those are beautiful visions of fairies, reilz. they beautify our souls.
wy

spikklubba
OBOD Bard

Postby spikklubba » 08 Mar 2012, 02:27

maybe i have found the right place and the right people.
i haven't read our book yet i just feel that i should share some of my experience whit the "little people".
As many i did see them as i child a gnome was my best friend (more or less only friend) he liked to hide things especially keys
and when my parents or grandparents ask if anyone know where the keys where i did know and tell did them they ask why i hide the keys
but i say i dident it was my friend the gnome. . and they tell me gnome do not exist and when you are a child you think that you parents know everything...
so i lost my friend becurse he dident exist """""

Then maybe 15 -20 year later i started hear angry voice in my head when i was really drunk .
He was back or more like that i was hearing and seeing him again ...

and now almost 10 years after i stop drinking and helping them whit sending energi too them
Image Image Image Image

wyeuro
OBOD Druid

Postby wyeuro » 09 Mar 2012, 02:20

yeah, that's like the gnome i know. he was very clearly visible but only for a few days, and he told me i was wrong to try to never be angry, and he worked himself up into a right royal fist-shaking, stomping, roaring rage, and then suddenly he stopped, smiled with satisfaction and said, 'good for ya', and straightened his clothes and subsided from view. i really loved him. he wasn't usually angry, but he insisted we've been given all the emotions for good reasons and we shouldn't just pluck out the ones we fear.

they also mention that despite advice given in the harry potter books, it is very rrrruuuuude :old: to spud gnomes out of your garden like old turnips and throw them over the fence. is it any wonder they bite? :-)

Branflakes
OBOD Ovate

Postby Branflakes » 14 Mar 2012, 20:15

When I was a 6 or 7 I had a dream that I met this small fairy (It looked like the stereotypical fairy. I remember she wore pink). At the time of this dream, I was still recovering from my hystiocytosis (an autoimmune disease, and the disease destroyed my T1 vertebrae), and was in a neck brace for about a year. And at the same time, my twin brother just had some stitches for something. In my dream, I asked the fairy if she could heal me. She told me no, but she'd be able to heal my brother if I wanted. I told her no. lol. But for the following few weeks, I thought it was so cool that I had a fairy godmother. It didn't even occur to me at the time that most people would've thought it was 'just a dream.'

wyeuro
OBOD Druid

Postby wyeuro » 15 Mar 2012, 03:39

that's interesting, Branflakes. there's a tradition that they try to guide us to a wiser morality, and they even chide us a bit, usually kindly, but they have need of our wisdom too, so it's not that they are superior beings. my earliest visions of them occurred when i was seriously ill and yeah, it's quite different from a dream - no mistaking it. trouble is it's too easy to dismiss these encounters as just delirious dreams. sometimes even the fairies want us to, until they're ready to take us a bit further and we're ready to follow.

Return to “Arts of the Seer”