Celtic Shamans Pack

A place for exploration and discussion of all forms of divination, such as Ogham, Tarot, Runes and dowsing.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Susanne
OBOD Ovate

Celtic Shamans Pack

Postby Susanne » 03 Jul 2011, 21:06

Has anyone used the Celtic Shamans Pack by John Matthews with card illustrations by Chesca Potter?
I was at a favorite shop of mine & found one hiding in a dark corner of a bookshelf covered with dust. It's almost as if it had been waiting there for me to come along. :D I was so excited to find it & have just started exploring it.
I'd love to hear of anyone's experiences with it.
Sue

Jaguar
OBOD Bard

Re: Celtic Shamans Pack

Postby Jaguar » 07 Jul 2011, 02:02

I've used it and love it. I tend to either draw one card for guidance, or use three card spread for past, present future. I like oracular devices of all kinds because they focus your attention and quiet your mind so you can access the Source, but these are some of my favorites to use.

Reyna
OBOD Bard

Postby Reyna » 07 Jul 2011, 02:44

I haven't but now I'm curious. I am looking for the tarot deck for me and this looks really cool!
Let love drive you, guide you, burn in you.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 08 Jul 2011, 17:40

Just wondering what this pack consists of as I can't find any detailed info on the web?

Susanne
OBOD Ovate

Postby Susanne » 10 Jul 2011, 14:00

Heddwen
Here's a website to get a look at the pack.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/celtic-shaman/

It is available from Amazon, although it is a bit expensive for new copies. It is different than other card sets that I have & I am enjoying getting to know it before I actually use it.
There are 40 cards that are separated into 6 subsets:
The Movers
The Empowerers
The Worlds
The Elements
The Totem Beasts
The Shapers
There is also a card called The Card if Vision. The book contains a description of each card's meaning as well as a journey involving the card image. There are sections on spreads & readings & using the pack as part of ceremonies.
It will take me a while to get to know the pack since I am spending much of my time slowly making my way through the Bardic course & feel the need to concentrate on that.
Once done I will delve into it....possibly when I move on to Ovate. :D
Sue

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 11 Jul 2011, 09:35

Looks exciting, will bare it all in mind the next time I treat myself to a new pack. Thanks I hope that the Ovate course will bring you many fruits

Return to “Arts of the Seer”