Craft sacrifice

A place for exploration and discussion of all forms of divination, such as Ogham, Tarot, Runes and dowsing.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Cynon
OBOD Bard

Craft sacrifice

Postby Cynon » 21 Aug 2011, 14:16

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but it's about a dream. About 3 nights after I started Gwers 1 I had a dream where I was standing on an old jetty jutting out into a lake. Someone said to me 'You must make a craft sacrifice to Goddess Vivienne'. My question is, what is a craft sacrifice? I'm a very 'craft-ey' sort of person and will try my hand at most things. So do I make something and then sacrifice it, or do I sacrifice the craft itself and give it up? Also, I've never heard of a goddess called Vivienne. Does she exist? I'd be interested to hear. Many thanks.

Ruth
Searching for Avalon

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Re: Craft sacrifice

Postby DJ Droood » 21 Aug 2011, 15:08

Also, Viv·i·en. Arthurian Romance . an enchantress, the mistress of Merlin: known as the Lady of the Lake.
Also, Vivien, Vi·v·ienne. a male or female given name: from a Latin word meaning “alive.”
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vivian

It is quite common for archaeologists (and others) to find crafted artifacts in bogs and wells and at the bottom of lakes....the stuff made from metal has survived the best...swords and the like....crafted sacrifices to their gods, perhaps?
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

Cynon
OBOD Bard

Re: Craft sacrifice

Postby Cynon » 21 Aug 2011, 19:43

So I imagine I should make something that would be meaningful to the deity involved. Thanks DJ.

Ruth :)
Searching for Avalon

Return to “Arts of the Seer”