HOPWAS WOODS

A place for exploration and discussion of all forms of divination, such as Ogham, Tarot, Runes and dowsing.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Muddy Fox

HOPWAS WOODS

Postby Muddy Fox » 01 Sep 2011, 21:30

Seeing as you all seem to be scattered and interlinked across Britain I wondered if any folks here had been dancing naked in Hopwas woods by Tamworth and leaving magical talismans engraved on copper plates, buried by the farmer's field? Apparently it is a place of naked dancing and night rituals and the latest plate has Eygptian engravings and Cerrunos. So own up witch folk.

skydove
OBOD Ovate

Re: HOPWAS WOODS

Postby skydove » 01 Sep 2011, 22:14

It's not me honest- my varicose veins have been playing up!
Hopwas Woods is a strange place though, do you remember when they had escaped cattle running wild in the woods and no-one could catch them for months?
Image 2010 SB Image2011 LI Image Image2011 SB
'much of what she heard from the trees was her own self echoed back'
http://www.suerodger.moonfruit.com/.
December 2013 Seminar - Mask Making with Plaster Bandages

katie bridgewater

Postby katie bridgewater » 02 Sep 2011, 00:20

Not me either! Last time I was at Hopwas was 19 years ago. I moored up there on my way northwards by boat and spent a week in bed with flu. My cat attacked an alsatian dog there, because he looked at her kittens on his way past and I had a birthday party (fondu), got utterly pissed (as in drunk) and foolishly agreed to crew a butty for a friend. I left Hopwas at 7am the next morning with a banging hangover and I haven't been back there since...

Muddy Fox

Postby Muddy Fox » 02 Sep 2011, 18:24

I haved lived in the vicinity of Hopwas woods or thereabouts for approximately 20 years, and no I have not been dancing naked there either. In fact I had never been into the woods until last month, when I went out of curiosity. It has heavy sombre feel to it I think. There has also been tales of big cat sightings there as well, and there was someone living there once in a makeshift shelter, as reported in the local paper. I don't read papers anymore but got this weeks to see the exam results for the local schools. I would not be in a rush to go back to Hopwas woods.... It must be quite liberating dancing naked and swimming naked I thought....maybe one day.....

Badger Bob
OBOD Druid

Postby Badger Bob » 02 Sep 2011, 18:44

I have been naked in Hopwas Woods but not for a very long time...decades in fact.

Muddy Fox

Postby Muddy Fox » 02 Sep 2011, 20:30

Ooo er Bob are those short shorts? :grin:

Return to “Arts of the Seer”