Lurking presence

A place for exploration and discussion of all forms of divination, such as Ogham, Tarot, Runes and dowsing.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
singe
OBOD Ovate

Lurking presence

Postby singe » 10 Oct 2012, 11:18

Hi all

My wife - non-druid christian has mentioned the appearance of a male figure around the house. I have been aware of movement in the corner of my eye and would have not been that disturbed by this. My wife however is reporting physical disturbances - one being breathed upon.

Thoughts anyone?

Blessings
Singe

Sciethe
OBOD Ovate

Re: Lurking presence

Postby Sciethe » 10 Oct 2012, 12:46

Sounds familiar.
In the case I am aware of it turned out to be ancestors making themselves known after intensive genealogical work.
Possible?
Blessings,
Seth
For in his morning orisons he loves the sun and the sun loves him. For he is of the tribe of Tiger. Christopher Smart

singe
OBOD Ovate

Postby singe » 10 Oct 2012, 13:14

Hi Seth

I'm not ruling anything out to be honest. We haven't been looking into family trees though.

Blessings
Singe

Sciethe
OBOD Ovate

Postby Sciethe » 10 Oct 2012, 13:37

My only other offering from experience is second-hand objects. I picked up a nice big compartmented wooden box from the recycling centre for a fiver, hard to see why it had been chucked. Soon after we had a presence, quite an obvious one. 2+2= it's the box. We named it J.R.Hartley after a gentle meditation, a fisherman, it was his box he kept his fishing stuff in it seems. Solution, put a fossil in the box, told him we were taking him fishing. Described the bounds of the river Itchen to him and took the fossil and dropped it in at a good fishing spot. No sign of him since. Think he's happy.

Just an explanatory tale (true though) which could help.
Blessings,
Seth
For in his morning orisons he loves the sun and the sun loves him. For he is of the tribe of Tiger. Christopher Smart

GreenOak51
OBOD Ovate

Postby GreenOak51 » 02 Mar 2013, 02:32

Greetings, singe ... sometimes it's difficult to pick up a thread that's a few months old. I hope that all is well with you and your wife. You did ask for thoughts so here I am. With questions. :-)

1 Did you resolve the issue and has your visitor left you?
2 If resolved, can you share what it was and how you managed?
3 If not resolved, how are you both coping?

There are many possibilities about this. It could be (have been) an ancestor. It could be a spirit of the place. It could be a spirit who is wandering. Other than the breathing which, in my experience, is very common for 'spirits' that should have no presence on our plance. I've given up questioning it and accept it as it is what it is. Now and then I have felt a presence through breath, moisture, warmth and through no other sense. And every now and then, I feel the intention of it's presence or, in more cases, the nature of its spirit.

Had you (have you) done a house cleaning?

Very interested in the outcomes if not too personal to share.

Peace,
T
/|\
Every blade of grass has its angel bending over it whispering "grow, grow!" ~~ The Talmud

singe
OBOD Ovate

Postby singe » 02 Mar 2013, 12:52

Thanks for the reply.

No sadly this has not been resolved. My wife is still aware of this presence. She is now becoming more open to ideas which is remarkable considering her strict upbringing. I am about to embark on a wholesale house cleansing from smudging to cleansing crystals.

All this will happen when I can fit it in!

Blessings
Singe

IvyMist
OBOD Ovate

Postby IvyMist » 03 Jul 2013, 16:17

Hello Singe,
I was wondering how things turned out after the house cleaning/smudging? I had something similar happen to me last year. As I was walking from my kitchen to bedroom through the small hallway I was very startled to see an elderly man in my bathroom. Surprisingly I wasn't scared :o . I stopped to look at him. He appeared to be looking into a mirror combing his hair (except there was no mirror where he was gazing.) He then turned and looked at me and disappeared. I told my DH about it that night and he just laughed at me. Shortly after "things" started happening; knick-knacks moving, etc. I thought DH was playing tricks on me and confronted him. He was adamant he wasn't. It wasn't until he was out of town for a weekend and things were still moving that I realized it wasn't him. That and the fact that there was rattling noise in the kitchen and my dog was at the foot of my bed with his hair standing on end, barking his head off and there was nothing there. We moved out of state not long after and haven't had any problems since.
~Ivy~
“The human spirit needs places where nature has not been re- arranged by the hand of man.” - author unknown

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 03 Jul 2013, 16:36

I remember the first house I moved into from childhood to adulthood had all sorts of bumps in the night. I had two roommates as well, who both reported similar things. It didn't bother or upset me, try as it may. On one instance I was in the kitchen and a cup flew out of the cupboard, clunking in the middle of the floor. Rather than being intimidated, I was annoyed, and actually scolded whoever was responsible, letting them know that I had just cleaned and I didn't appreciate this mess. The being didn't leave, as we all still noted the presence, but it did leave things where they were supposed to go from that point on. :D

IvyMist
OBOD Ovate

Postby IvyMist » 03 Jul 2013, 16:56

I never had anything thrown, just more of having things moved from where I had them, etc. Seemed to especially enjoy messing with my collection of dragon eggs. DH thought I was losing it until he saw it happen for himself. That, and the time that our blankets "mysteriously" got turned completely around in the middle of the night while we were asleep. I have a bit of an OCD personality and the pattern on the blanket had to go a certain way. When we woke up the next morning it was completely turned the opposite and tucked in nice & neat as if I had done it myself!

Hubby quit thinking I was crazy after that. But then again, I don't mind if people think I'm crazy 8-) they said the same thing to me when I told them I saw & talked to my sister after she died. I know what I know and no one can tell me otherwise! :old:
“The human spirit needs places where nature has not been re- arranged by the hand of man.” - author unknown

singe
OBOD Ovate

Postby singe » 05 Jul 2013, 11:50

Things have been quiet since the smudging :)

IvyMist
OBOD Ovate

Postby IvyMist » 05 Jul 2013, 18:14

Things have been quiet since the smudging :)

:yay:

Return to “Arts of the Seer”