recurring dream

A place for exploration and discussion of all forms of divination, such as Ogham, Tarot, Runes and dowsing.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Donagh MacBran
OBOD Druid

recurring dream

Postby Donagh MacBran » 21 Jul 2013, 19:00

Hi there,

Since a few weeks I have this recurring dream, which I cannot interpret.

During one of the Show Jump nights at the Kelburn Equestrian Centre, I realise that the parents, siblings and close friends of one of the jumpers are not present. She is a good friend of mine and I love her dearly (even though she only wants to be friends). But on that night, she falls of her horse and strains her ankle. I rush onto the course to aid her while some one else goes in to tend to the horse. While I kneel at her side, a doctor shows up and tends to the ankle and tell me that she cannot walk for a while and needs crutches. All I can do till then is cry and when a few drops of tears hit her face she wakes up and she declares her love for me, which gives me the strength to carry her out and set her down. She puts her arms around my neck and I lift her up and carry her out. I want to set her down comfortably but she does not want to let go of my neck, so I end up sitting down and put her on my lap and be sure the legs are up. I start cradling her and again she declares her love for me and I mine for her and we kiss lovingly. When her parents show they approve of our relationship and all we can do is share happy tears and our love.

I hope some one can help me with this dream as I do not know what to make of it.
Happy Druiding :),

Donagh MacBran

Druid Donagh

RedSky
Deceased

Re: recurring dream

Postby RedSky » 22 Jul 2013, 02:06

so, is this an actual friend you dreamed about? what color hair and maybe how is she dressed?
anything special about the horse? Is there possibly something with your animal nature that is
not reconciling with some feminine aspect of your personality. The tears could be suggesting that you can make
this whole by getting in touch with your emotions. In the end, only you have the answers you seek.

peace

Donagh MacBran
OBOD Druid

Postby Donagh MacBran » 22 Jul 2013, 22:09

so, is this an actual friend you dreamed about? what color hair and maybe how is she dressed?
anything special about the horse? Is there possibly something with your animal nature that is
not reconciling with some feminine aspect of your personality. The tears could be suggesting that you can make
this whole by getting in touch with your emotions. In the end, only you have the answers you seek.

peace
Yes she is a actual friend and yes I am in love with her. The horse she rides is a grey one, which she rides often. In real life the horse is quite stubborn so on occasion he bucks and throws off a rider. She is dressed in riding boots, a legging and a tight black shirt (sometimes purple), so that is how she appears in the dream. She has brown curly hair and hazel nut eyes hiding behind glasses.
Happy Druiding :),

Donagh MacBran

Druid Donagh

Mountainheart
OBOD Bard

Postby Mountainheart » 22 Jul 2013, 22:25

From what you have said it sounds like its your mind allowing you to take risks in your dream world that you really want to take in the waking world.

RedSky
Deceased

Postby RedSky » 23 Jul 2013, 00:14

I was shooting for something a little more veiled, involving perhaps your Jungian anima, but the hair and eyes
don't fit. Perhaps Mountain heart is nearer the mark. Sounds like a pleasant enough dream at any rate.
peace

Ghyslaine
OBOD Bard

Postby Ghyslaine » 23 Jul 2013, 12:46

From what you have said it sounds like its your mind allowing you to take risks in your dream world that you really want to take in the waking world.
I would agree, and it does indeed sound like a lovely dream.

Return to “Arts of the Seer”