TIP: The "Drafts" Option when posting...

Having board problems? If you’ve read the "How-to"s and still can’t figure it out, post questions here and someone who’s been there/done that will try to answer you.
John T. Folden
OBOD Bard

TIP: The "Drafts" Option when posting...

Postby John T. Folden » 03 Sep 2007, 06:36

Just thought I'd give a heads up to fellow members on a new feature to clear up some possible confusion down the road. Some users of a phpBB 3 board that I run were slightly confused by this so...

When posting a new message, note that there is a "Submit" and a "Save" button. You must hit "Submit" to actually post the message. If you hit "Save" then the posting is saved as a Draft in your User Control Panel but does not appear in the forum itself (until such time as you find it and finally hit "Submit"). :D
"All forms of monism - whether in political dictatorships, trade monopolies, or monotheistic spiritualities - are detrimental within all of nature, body and soul. They are born of a need for control and power, and they are sustained by force, oppression and fear. Diversity is crucial to health and sustainability." - Emma Restall Orr

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Re: TIP: The "Drafts" Option when posting...

Postby Donata » 03 Sep 2007, 19:54

Thanks for the tip John!

Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

John T. Folden
OBOD Bard

Postby John T. Folden » 03 Sep 2007, 21:56

Thanks for the tip John!

Donata

No problem. :-)
"All forms of monism - whether in political dictatorships, trade monopolies, or monotheistic spiritualities - are detrimental within all of nature, body and soul. They are born of a need for control and power, and they are sustained by force, oppression and fear. Diversity is crucial to health and sustainability." - Emma Restall Orr

Twig
OBOD Bard

Postby Twig » 04 Sep 2007, 06:10

John -- Where did you learn all of this computer stuff? I am totally impressed.
"...some part of me is tree." -- Stephanie Kaza (Buddhist author)

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

:awen: :terra: :seasons:

http://www.elephants.com

John T. Folden
OBOD Bard

Postby John T. Folden » 04 Sep 2007, 06:32

John -- Where did you learn all of this computer stuff? I am totally impressed.
:-) Thanks. I'm not sure it's anything worth being overly impressed about. I run a small forum of my own and so, as luck would have it, happened to already be rather familiar with the new software they started using over the weekend. I've, also, been in the computer service business since the early 90's and have thrown together a few websites in my time. There are others that know far more than me, however. :wink:

John

Return to “Q & A”