How To Upload A Picture Or Document With Your Message
There are a couple of ways to accomplish this, if your image is larger than the above limitations:...Limitations:
*Please limit all file attachments to no more than 250 kb in size.
*Image attachments should be no larger than 600 pixels wide...
Using a photo editing program, you can re-size your photos and/or other images. Most image software has a toolbar at the top of the image, ie: file, edit, image, options, view, help, etc. (I use Irfanview), and it's a free image viewing program that can be downloaded to your PC:
With Irfanview (after installation):
1. click the desired image to open and view
2. click the 'image' tab
3. choose 're-size/resample...'
4. click 'set new size', and type in height and/or width parameters, and click 'pixels', click 'OK'
5. then save by clicking the 'file' tab
6. choose 'save as', then save as .jpg (preferable)
*note: if you want to keep the original image size, as well as the new smaller re-sized image, then give the new image a different name (or put an additional letter or number after the name, so as to not ''write over' or change the original image). That way you still have the original size, and a new smaller version.
A clickable thumbnail-sized image can also be used, which links to the original size image, that is hosted on an image hosting website, such as:
To use ImageShack:
1. click 'browse' to find the image on your PC
2. check the box 'remove size/resolution bar from thumbnail?' (if you don't want the bar on the bottom of the picture)
3. click 'host it!'
4. find the 'Thumbnail for forums (1)' selection, and
5. copy the [URL=http://blah blah whatever.... code
6. paste the code into your message
Example of a thumbnail image:
(click to see original size)
I hope these instructions are helpful. Please feel free to reply here with any questions, comments, suggestions, and/or critique.
Admins: Please feel free to edit this as necessary for corrections, clarifications, etc.