Not able to see all the pictures?

Having board problems? If you’ve read the "How-to"s and still can’t figure it out, post questions here and someone who’s been there/done that will try to answer you.
Wolfdance
OBOD Bard

Not able to see all the pictures?

Postby Wolfdance » 15 May 2009, 23:58

Hi there,

I can't seem to see all the pictures that everyone is posting in some threads. Is there a setting I need to change on my computer? I can see some of them, but not all. I can only see about half the pictures in the "Motivational Posters" thread, for example.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Re: Not able to see all the pictures?

Postby Kat Lady » 19 May 2009, 10:01

Hi Wolfdance!

I am certainly not a computer or internet guru. But I have found that I can't look at the pictures while at work but have no problem at home. I think that is because of the firewalls we have set up that only allows access to certain websites and some of the pics might be hosted on "taboo" sites. But then, my suppositions are often wrong so I will ask if Kernos maybe has any additional input here.

In the meantime, any help from any of you that have more internet savy would be appreciated.
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.--Mark Twain

Kernos
OBOD Druid

Postby Kernos » 19 May 2009, 14:18

Hi Wolfdance,

Would you give examples of thread URLs where this has happened for you? There is no board setting you can change that would cause this.

In some older threads, the linked pictures may no longer exist or may have bad URLs in newer threads. Sometimes members link pictures with file types we do not support. We need to see the threads you mean to see if all of us have this problem in any given thread.

On your side of the equations there are lots of reasons this might happen. Are you blocking any images in your browser or using an Ad blocker extension? These can get confused. Do you have a slow connection to the internet? You may just be timing out. etc.

Kernos
/|\
ImageImageImageHelp I'm Falling Thru A Hole in the Flag

"Time is the Image of Eternity."

Time is the Fire in which we burn.

Wolfdance
OBOD Bard

Postby Wolfdance » 19 May 2009, 18:42

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. It turns out that it's the firewall at work blocking some of the pictures -- I can see them just fine at home. Since I'm not getting work to adjust their firewall, I'll have to do my reading at home. :grin:

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Andeg Myeengun

Postby Andeg Myeengun » 30 May 2009, 03:40

It turns out that it's the firewall at work blocking some of the pictures -- I can see them just fine at home. Since I'm not getting work to adjust their firewall, I'll have to do my reading at home.
Try this link to access them from work. it might work, but it depends on how they have their firewall set up.
http://modemparty.com/
Andeg
:crow: :wolf:

"Steal from any source that doesn't run too fast" - Eric S. Raymond

Return to “Q & A”