How to report spam?

Having board problems? If you’ve read the "How-to"s and still can’t figure it out, post questions here and someone who’s been there/done that will try to answer you.
Bart
OBOD Ovate

How to report spam?

Postby Bart » 04 Aug 2011, 19:07

[Edit: this was originally posted in reply to a spam post which was deleted in the meantime. I'm answering this question below and move the topic to the Q & A forum for future reference. -- skh]

How do you report spam/abuse? :shrug:

Blyth
OBOD Ovate

Re: Webcam sites may be latest and greatest means to satisfy

Postby Blyth » 04 Aug 2011, 20:44

How do you report spam/abuse? :shrug:
I have had a look through the various Message Board resources but I honestly don't know how you report Spam. I would think it would have to be through a Board Administrator :???:
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
— Mahatma Gandhi

skh
OBOD Ovate

Re: How to report spam?

Postby skh » 04 Aug 2011, 21:26

Hi,

to report a post as spam, just click on the little red-'!'-in-a-triangle-button in the post itself, next to the "Quote" button. You'll be asked to enter a reason for the report, just write "spam", most of the times it's obvious anyway.

This means that all admins and moderators will see the post in question marked with a red '!' when they view the list of new posts. This actually makes it a lot easier for us to spot and clean up spam.

(To everyone who already has been reporting spam, many thanks and please keep doing so! I sometimes forget to look who sent in the report before I delete the post. In these cases I can't send a personal thank-you PM because the report and the information who sent it disappears with the spam post. So, apologies and a big thank you anyway to everyone who reported spam and wasn't properly thanked!)

If the post is not deleted within a day, it was an oversight. Feel free to poke me with a PM if that happens.

peace /|\
Sonja
I don't think anybody ever died thinking they loved people too much, or had too much joy, or made too much music.

Bart
OBOD Ovate

Postby Bart » 05 Aug 2011, 13:42

Thank you for the info

Blyth
OBOD Ovate

Postby Blyth » 05 Aug 2011, 14:40

Yes, thank you very much :)
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
— Mahatma Gandhi

Return to “Q & A”