Gwersi Qusetion

Having board problems? If you’ve read the "How-to"s and still can’t figure it out, post questions here and someone who’s been there/done that will try to answer you.
Faywulff
OBOD Bard

Gwersi Qusetion

Postby Faywulff » 19 Jan 2012, 15:07

Are the gwersi available in any electronic format such as pdf?
Faywulff

There is more felicity on the far side of baldness than young men can possibly imagine. ~Logan Pearsall Smith

Kima
OBOD Bard

Re: Gwersi Qusetion

Postby Kima » 19 Jan 2012, 17:45

You can choose between paper and audio (or both). Since I take the audio course I have them as MP3s. All the info is on this website: http://www.druidry.org/modules.php?op=m ... page_id=49

Karl

Postby Karl » 19 Jan 2012, 22:53

I'm sure they could supply you a PDF on a CD if you asked nicely. I am a print shop working person and we run everything into PDF before printing it!
"I knows all about folk songs. Hah! You think you're listenin' to a nice song about- about cuckoos and fiddlers and nightingales and whatnot, and then it turns out to be about - about something else entirely. You can't trust folk songs. They always sneak up on you." - E. Weatherwax

A hidden connection is stronger than an overt connection.

Philip
OBOD Druid

Postby Philip » 20 Jan 2012, 16:08

Hi folks,
By a nice coincidence I had just been writing a new FAQ for the website when Selene drew my attention to this thread. So here it is!

Is the course available in a downloadable format?

We create the course materials with as much care and attention to detail as possible. They are sent in the 'old-fashioned' way through the mail to you. Druidry is a spirituality that celebrates the physical world, and as our lives become increasingly dominated by the internet and electronic devices, we believe it is important to balance the speed and ease these offer, with interaction with physical rather than virtual objects. For our psychological and physical health we need to be grounded in the embodied world, and we hope that the way the course is designed will encourage this balance.

Both virtual and physical delivery create environmental impacts. Our reliance on the virtual world creates disposal problems for old computers, monitors, printers, and cartridges that end up in landfill. Computers and servers consume vast amounts of energy. Printing and mailing also carries impacts, but we offset the number of trees cut down to produce the paper we use. In addition to using recycled or managed forest paper, and running our own Sacred Grove Planting Programme and Campaign for Ecological Responsibility, we support three tree-planting charities: Trees for Life, Tree Aid and The Woodland Trust. The cardboard we use comes from a local factory that has won environmental awards, and uses only recyled cardboard, in addition to running a duck rescue project on the land beside the factory.

The writer Hakim Bey offers other reasons why posting the course is the best method: ‘Mail-order mysticism’ may sound like a joke to the serious, orthodox, traditional, or academic ‘expert’ in religion, and to the professional gurus whose ‘Work’ consists of personality-monopoly and psychological authoritarianism, but… there's something magical about the mail - voices from the Unseen, documents as amulets - and something very American, democratic and self-reliant… ancient spirits-of-places intersecting with modern communications networks that are placeless, spooky, and abstract. And the mail itself now seems antique - a lost modernity, 19th century, sepia, violet ink - a fitting medium for the transmission of secrets.'

Kima
OBOD Bard

Postby Kima » 20 Jan 2012, 16:32

"Mail-order mysticism"! I like that :-)

Return to “Q & A”