hmmm...

The ancient druids were considered the Scientists of their day. This forum is for the discussion of topics relating to Natural History, Science and Technology.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Crimson Stormfire

hmmm...

Postby Crimson Stormfire » 03 Feb 2011, 23:42

I couldnt think of anywhere else to post this particular brand of philosophizing. moderator please place in appropriate thread if this isnt the place

Crypto-zoology...love it! chupacabra, and such...

so i was watching the show called monster hunters on the discovery channel, the subject of this particular episode was bigfoot, or the hairy man as certain native americans call him. they set up experiments to try and film, and more to capture sounds, all were met with not quite failure as no experiment results in failure where something is learned and knowledge gained. throughout the interviews many people had seen the Sasquatch, and found evidence later of it being right where they saw it. but science has yet to prove it. the experts they call on cited lack of bones, or carcasses, lack of trails or feces or any other such physical remains. the number of people claiming to have seen one is great. which brings me to my idea. sine these beings have been represented in cave art thousands of years old, is a part of our deeper psyche, stories of it are told all over the world, what if....what if...the Sasquatch or Bigfoot, abominable snowman, etc...what if he/she is a manifestation of the green man or of nature itself?? it isnt out of the realm of possibility, stranger things have and continue to happen...what if......

Huathe

Re: hmmm...

Postby Huathe » 04 Feb 2011, 07:00

You got me thinkin'... :thinking:
James E Parton
Bardic Course Graduate - Ovate Student
New Order of Druids

" We all cry tears, we all bleed red "_Ronnie Dunn

http://www.nativetreesociety.org/
http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145
http://www.burningman.com/

Crimson Stormfire

Postby Crimson Stormfire » 04 Feb 2011, 07:12

good :D

DJ Droood

Postby DJ Droood » 04 Feb 2011, 13:43

I think they are ancestral memories of neanderthals....my unsubstantiated theory is that very small groups of neanderthals survived in isolated pockets well past when they were supposed to have disappeared....that is the way I always pictured Grendel in the Beowulf saga as well.
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

Crimson Stormfire

Postby Crimson Stormfire » 04 Feb 2011, 16:39

well it could be that, but neanderthals at least died and left bones or left behind drawings, or some other form of sign, with these guys we get nothin but a footprint, a description, and some broken tree limbs. but i like the neanderthal thing, could account for some of the sightings.
the is a very old saying that goes
"whats the smartest animal on the planet?"
"the one that has not been found by man"

Bricklayer

Postby Bricklayer » 06 Dec 2012, 21:26

The native American tribe that I studied under in northern California (tolowa) call him pudamon which means " shape shifter" they believe that certain witchdoctors or "indian devils" became "big foots" or "sasquatch" By choice. That's why they just " disappear" because they can. But what is also true is that they get hungry,and that's usually when they get busted...a guy I knows grandmother claims to have traded fish for elk to one of them on multiple occasions.

Crimson Stormfire

Postby Crimson Stormfire » 20 Jan 2013, 01:52

oooOOOooo interesting....

Return to “Natural History”