oldest living things on earth

The ancient druids were considered the Scientists of their day. This forum is for the discussion of topics relating to Natural History, Science and Technology.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
RedSky
Deceased

oldest living things on earth

Postby RedSky » 13 Nov 2014, 02:20

http://www.rachelsussman.com/portfolio/#/oltw/
I came across this gals, efforts to photograph the oldest living things on earth.
I didn't see any other links to it so thought it'd be ok to post. hope you enjoy it as much as I did..

rebsky

Skogsvandrare
OBOD Bard

Re: oldest living things on earth

Postby Skogsvandrare » 13 Nov 2014, 05:27

I've always found Pando to be such a perfect teaching example. Individual trunks can die, they do all the time, but the whole lives on. Sort of "I am one, I am old, I am many, I am young" (hmm, that comes out almost like one of the Exeter riddles).

A forest of trunks
One tree, alone and old
Quaking, enduring
images/icons/goldharp.gifimages/icons/goldharp.gifimages/icons/goldharp.gifimages/icons/goldharp.gif

Return to “Natural History”