Druidcast - A Druid Podcast

Updates and new postings for the Order's DruidCast podcast. A place to discuss any topics from the show.

Moderator: damhbard

Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
butterfly watcher
OBOD Bard

Re: Druidcast - A Druid Podcast

Postby butterfly watcher » 08 Oct 2007, 15:43

Damh it brings Druidry to life, thanks. Keep them coming. :yay:
Butterfly watcherImage

Severina
OBOD Bard

Postby Severina » 22 Oct 2007, 20:42

I know we are supposed to be able to practice patience and all but ................

Where is it?? :shrug:

The next podcast, I mean.

It's the 22nd today, and you said the 21st and I have looked and it's not there and, and, and...............

I'm lovin' it and I just can't wait,

:)
Severina

damhbard
OBOD Druid

Postby damhbard » 25 Oct 2007, 13:09

This one will be a week late as I've been away on holiday :) Nice that you're impatient. It'll be uploaded Tuesday/Wednesday next week - just ready for Samhain.

Severina
OBOD Bard

Postby Severina » 25 Oct 2007, 17:23

Damh,

thanks for the reply - much appreciated, I understand how busy you must be.

Nice to hear you do get time for holidays. (Hope you're back in time for the Anderida Gorsedd Samhain Open Ritual)

Looking forward to the podcast (well, you knew that already)

:)
Severina

Diamond

Postby Diamond » 14 Nov 2007, 17:18

I'm late coming to the show, but I'm certainly enjoying going back and listening to all of these podcasts. I subscribed on my iTunes so I won't miss them.

Very nicely done! :yay:

Beith

Postby Beith » 26 Nov 2007, 22:01

ok...this is where I reveal myself as a total Luddite. What do I have to do to play these things?!!

I downloaded one of the podcasts into Windows media player and it's playing, but no sound (and yes, the speakers are turned on!!).

-Do you need a specific version of Windows media player to play these on?
-Do you need to install anything else beforehand?
-Are there particular settings I need to check? (eg. back to a north wind, on a hill, at midnight?)

The file is playing, so it says, at 128k bits/second, the speakers are on, the mute is turned off. All should be well...and still no sound, although I can see that the podcast is indeed playing. Just silently. Perhaps the neighbourhood dogs can hear it.

Maybe instead you could all just come to my window and sing outside it? It's a lot easier than these techno-file thingies. I hate technology. Honestly, ogham stones are easier..(just takes a bit longer to download 10 tons of granite)

thanks for any advice or minstrels you might send my way!
Beith

Graem
Location: Ontario, Canada (reality) Rolling hills and forests of Pennsylvania (Spiritually)

Postby Graem » 27 Nov 2007, 01:27

Thanks a lot, Damh! I enjoy listening to it. I sometimes take a listen on the morning school bus ride. It is very informative as well as entertaining. Excellent work.
May you always experience the might and gentleness of the Earth,
:brnbear: Graem :brnbear: / | \

damhbard
OBOD Druid

Postby damhbard » 27 Nov 2007, 10:09

ok...this is where I reveal myself as a total Luddite. What do I have to do to play these things?!!

I downloaded one of the podcasts into Windows media player and it's playing, but no sound (and yes, the speakers are turned on!!).

-Do you need a specific version of Windows media player to play these on?
-Do you need to install anything else beforehand?
-Are there particular settings I need to check? (eg. back to a north wind, on a hill, at midnight?)

The file is playing, so it says, at 128k bits/second, the speakers are on, the mute is turned off. All should be well...and still no sound, although I can see that the podcast is indeed playing. Just silently. Perhaps the neighbourhood dogs can hear it.

Maybe instead you could all just come to my window and sing outside it? It's a lot easier than these techno-file thingies. I hate technology. Honestly, ogham stones are easier..(just takes a bit longer to download 10 tons of granite)

thanks for any advice or minstrels you might send my way!
Beith

Hi there!
I'm of little use on that question as I use a mac and have no idea how WM player works. I've not heard of this problem before so I don't know if it might be the way your computer is set up. The file is a simple mp3 so should play on anything. You could download the free iTunes software (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/) and subscribe/play it through that maybe?
Peace
Damh

serenarian
OBOD Ovate

Postby serenarian » 27 Nov 2007, 14:18

Hi Damh,

I'm a very new Druid - a fledgling - but I have to say that I love your podcast. I have subscribed and am really enjoying everything I'm hearing. I wish I could do the OBOD course but I can't afford to :-( but in the meantime, I am listening to each and every podcast with eager ears. I hope to send in some of my own work someday.

Thank you

serenarian
ImageImage

ImageSeminar Speaker September 2008 - http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewto ... 26&t=29469

Image2008 IL

“You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop” – Rumi

http://www.kimblewitchery.co.uk

Pan

Postby Pan » 13 Jun 2008, 17:21

i listened to the podcast and as usual love your songs , you are a natural. the world shurly is a better place with you in it. will be getting all the new cd's you put out. thanks again.
peace and blessings be with you and yours always >pan /|\
I am a seeker of a path, wouldst thou show me the way.ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=signature#
I am a seeker of truth, as i listen to what you say.ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=signature#
I am a seeker of knowledge, teach me right and true.ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=signature#
Guess i am a seeker, maby just like you.ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=signature#

Peace and Blessings > PAN /|\

Snægl
OBOD Ovate

Postby Snægl » 29 Jul 2008, 20:57

Damh,

I work as a research archaeologist--this, as you might imagine, involves a ton of detail-oriented, nit-picky work. The DruidCasts are currently saving my sanity. One show lets me proofread about 2-3 pages of text before my head explodes, which is about 2.5 pages more than I could get done normally!

Keep up the fantastic work!

-Cat
Forþan bið andgit æghwær selest ferðes foreþanc. :zen:
Therefore, in every respect understanding is best, and deliberation of spirit.
-- Beowulf 1059–1060
ImageImageThe Druid's Well Blog

Beith

Postby Beith » 29 Jul 2008, 21:06

Hi there!
I'm of little use on that question as I use a mac and have no idea how WM player works. I've not heard of this problem before so I don't know if it might be the way your computer is set up. The file is a simple mp3 so should play on anything. You could download the free iTunes software (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/) and subscribe/play it through that maybe?
Peace
Damh
Hi Dámh - thanks for the reply!

Alas it just doesn't want to play. I tried downloading Podcast 16 and it doesn't load at all. I give in. I'm going back to the 9th century when things were a lot less complicated...

maybe one day when the moon is in the right phase and Jupiter aligns with Mars it will spring into life and sound on my pc.
But thanks anyway for responding to my plea!

Beith

Pan

Postby Pan » 18 Aug 2008, 21:06

wow sounds like a lota work, i remember when we met on the mountain, horses pen 40 in the us and i trust my judgment when meeting people , thats why i decided to join the o.b.o.d., i knew you were for real. i'm so tired of plastic people who mean well but never are what they say they are or even try. you are a true druid and are my inspiration to the path. keep up the good work. i know you'll suceed in anything you set your mind to.
peace and blessings pan /|\
I am a seeker of a path, wouldst thou show me the way.ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=signature#
I am a seeker of truth, as i listen to what you say.ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=signature#
I am a seeker of knowledge, teach me right and true.ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=signature#
Guess i am a seeker, maby just like you.ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=signature#

Peace and Blessings > PAN /|\

OllieKing

Postby OllieKing » 30 Oct 2008, 14:15

Hi. I'd just like to say how much I love the podcast. I can't join the Order because I'm not old enough, so they provide an excellent way of gaining more knowledge about the Order and Druidry whilst I wait for my 16th birthday! Thank you so much for all the work you do on the podcast.
Waes hael
Ollie

Check out my music at http://www.myspace.com/olliekingtheonemanband :-)

"The day once dawned, and it was beautiful" - Nick Drake-From the Morning

amethystDragon
OBOD Bard

Postby amethystDragon » 31 Oct 2008, 11:25

Hi there!
Peace
Damh
Hi Dámh - thanks for the reply!

Alas it just doesn't want to play. I tried downloading Podcast 16 and it doesn't load at all. I give in. I'm going back to the 9th century when things were a lot less complicated...

maybe one day when the moon is in the right phase and Jupiter aligns with Mars it will spring into life and sound on my pc.
But thanks anyway for responding to my plea!

Beith
Flamin Mac users - everything so simple for them :D they just get on with things and don't understand how it is for those of us still struggling in the wonderful world of PC's :gloomy:

Beith - Your problem is that you don't have the audio codecs for playing the podcasts on your machine - Codecs are little pieces of software that work out how to interpret something - To get the podcasts working the easiest way is to install Quicktime for Windows on your machine - This comes as part of the iTunes installation or if you don't want to go down that route - you can just download Quicktime from http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ ... ndows.html

Windows Media player is a bit rubbish for playing anything that isn't in a Windows native format - Bill loves his little jokes!

Try that and come back if you have any more problems - The podcast is definitely worth the messing about I promise you - Its fantastic
Circle of the Four Dragons

katsu
OBOD Druid

Postby katsu » 31 Oct 2008, 21:58

Say Damh,
since you seem to use more songs from Omnia nowadays, any chance of you playing (with them) on some Dutch festival next year............... :grovel:

subo
OBOD Bard

Postby subo » 14 Oct 2010, 18:55

Dag Damh,
Heb vandaag naar de podcast geluisterd. Prachtig en boeiend. Het deed me deugd tot op het bot.
Sorry dat ik in het Nederlands schrijf. Met de tijd leer ik wel Engels schrijven..
Proficiat en dank U.
Warme groet vanuit België
Subo.

craigen
OBOD Ovate

Postby craigen » 16 Feb 2011, 10:21

Hay Dahm,

Firstly can I just say how brill the pod casts are! Like many other listeners they have helped me explore my spirituality and encoraged me to sign up for the OBOD course. I love how unbias they are and they way you look at other paths in an objective and open way. Althought there are other pod casts out there in the druidic world, i have yet to find one that has this approch. The talks have been so informative and really help you to think on a topic, and I love the way you always point us in the right direction if we want to look into the topic further.

I have however noticed one slight problem, at about this time of year each and every year, you moan about the fact we have had very little sunshine since 2006 and ask that there should be more this year for those SAD sufferers out there. In light of the fact that we have had very little sunshine can I suggest that is a bad oman, and as such you should not wish for more sunshine this year and just let the Goddess and God deciede how much sun they wish to bask in as the dance through the spring months towards Beltane and walk throught the corn feilds at Lughnasadh.

Other than that keep up the grate work,

Bright Blessings
Craigen

Donagh MacBran
OBOD Druid

Postby Donagh MacBran » 24 Feb 2011, 17:26

Hi,

By accident I bumped into the podcast of the 21st of Feb 2011. All about the UK selling the forest. That was a nice one, with the interview with Philip.
Happy Druiding :),

Donagh MacBran

Druid Donagh

Return to “DruidCast - A Druid Podcast”