Mona - Bryn Celli Ddu - Black Grove Hill

A place to post stories, pictures, experiences and engage in druidic discussion of areas throughout the world that are considered to be sacred places. These may be ancient man-made structures, natural sites of great power and beauty, places of religious devotion, modern secular sites or individual private places that inspire awe and devotion.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Kernos
OBOD Druid

Mona - Bryn Celli Ddu - Black Grove Hill

Postby Kernos » 26 Sep 2008, 15:35

A passage Grave in Anglesey. The islands’ most famous passage tomb which was built on top of a circle-henge.

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=24

:henge:
ImageImageImageHelp I'm Falling Thru A Hole in the Flag

"Time is the Image of Eternity."

Time is the Fire in which we burn.

AndyO
OBOD Druid

Re: Mona - Bryn Celli Ddu - Black Grove Hill

Postby AndyO » 26 Sep 2008, 18:37

I visited this site last year while spending a little time on the island with my partner. There's a dramatic backdrop with the mountains of Snowdonia rising over the Menai Straits separating Mona from the mainland. It's also a very photogenic site, but has had a lot of cosmetic surgery performed on it in the last century or so - getting an idea of what it must have been like is a good way of spending a meditative moment or three, though. The whole island is great for that, in fact. I'm going to be heading back that way again.

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 26 Sep 2008, 18:50

Very Kool! I love taking 'armchair' mini-vacations!
Thanks for sharing this Kernos! :hug:

Peace and Blessings,
:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Teileag
OBOD Ovate

Postby Teileag » 09 Aug 2010, 13:22

A few new pics from a trip to Mona in July...
Attachments
2382297610099188541UnLjBF_fs.jpg
2382297610099188541UnLjBF_fs.jpg (65.02 KiB) Viewed 3535 times
2118004980099188541Ptphhb_fs.jpg
2118004980099188541Ptphhb_fs.jpg (45.41 KiB) Viewed 3535 times
The sounds of the winds in the elms
like the strings of a harp being played,
the note of the blackbird that claps
with the wings of delight in the glade.

Attributed to Columba

http://domhaindorcha.blogspot.com/
http://www.ceilede.co.uk

Bloodwyche

Postby Bloodwyche » 16 Oct 2010, 22:51

Greetings,
I also love the misty Isle, Ynys Mon,Isle of the Brave. I have lost many hours without knowing in it's special places. The whole Island contains many many areas of interest and latent energies. You can understand why when you look at its history, when you cross the straits everything seems to slow down to me.

It is in my dreamtime a very special place where sometimes I have found the realms of reality to seem to bend somewhat, and the best place I have found for meditation anywhere.

I long to be there forever.

Bloodwyche.

The sun must shine to cast shadow,
the shape is ours to define.

ennys
OBOD Bard

Postby ennys » 13 Sep 2014, 13:05

Môn!
I was hoping to find a topic on the island.... I have been there for the first time recently, not even 'on purpose', I had to go to Bangor for professional reasons. But when I sat in the bus to Bangor and I first caught sight of this island....it made me cry. It just shouted 'HOME' to me. Maybe because the landscape is so similar to my beloved Brittany (Carnac area, where I lived before), I don't know.
But the feeling was even stronger when I finally landed on the island - there is a good energy there. I have spend some time in meditation with my back to a standing stone in a megalithic site, and the island feels so welcoming and.. healing. I am now trying to learn more about it, as it struck me the place is important to me.
So I am studying 'prehistoric Anglesey' and I'd love to learn more!!
Dancing to the music of the Web
Etre ar mor hag an neñv hag an douar

Catafonia
OBOD Ovate

Postby Catafonia » 14 Sep 2014, 09:08

Do you know about the Angelsey Druid Order? The web site address is: http://www.angleseydruidorder.co.uk

The chief is Kristoffer Hughes who's a great speaker, you can find some of his talks on the podcasts.

Have fun!

Catafonia :smgrove:

ennys
OBOD Bard

Postby ennys » 14 Sep 2014, 15:30

I never heard of it, thank you!
Going to check it out now!

Edit: oh lovely, they do some really nice stuff!
And they have a camp at Lake Bala in snowdonia - one of the places I prefer to visit when looking for inspiration. good stuff! :cloud9:
Dancing to the music of the Web
Etre ar mor hag an neñv hag an douar

Return to “Sacred Sites”