If I could move to another Country...

A place to post stories, pictures, experiences and engage in druidic discussion of areas throughout the world that are considered to be sacred places. These may be ancient man-made structures, natural sites of great power and beauty, places of religious devotion, modern secular sites or individual private places that inspire awe and devotion.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Oakthorn
OBOD Bard

Re: If I could move to another Country...

Postby Oakthorn » 06 Nov 2013, 13:53

For me, it would be Snowdonia, North Wales. I think it's the most beautiful place in the world and if God had a garden, that would be it. I love the Welsh language too, and am trying to learn it, but its a bit 8-) at the moment!
Forest walker, tree talker & soup maker

illion
OBOD Ovate

Postby illion » 07 Nov 2013, 08:51

Since I was a little girl I've been having dreams about Scotland, but my parents never took me there. When I got old enough to earn my own money and could go, I didn't do it because I was afraid of ruining my inner pictures of a paradise. I still have that feeling. I still haven't been there.

In the meantime I have explored the spirit of my own land. I have tried to see it through other eyes than before. To actually notice the small things that surround me and that I always have taken for granted. The beauty in the small, simple and peaceful life in the forest. The mighty wind in the mountains, the eagle's realm. I have so much to be happy for in my own neigbourhood, and it is important to discover it, because this is the place that I live, and this is where my friends and family are, and this is where I have my work. I have never felt any urge to travel around the world. It is not that I don't think other places are any better or more interesting or anything. It is just that I've rather been pulled deeper into the woods and higher up in the mountains.

Dysgwr
OBOD Druid

Postby Dysgwr » 07 Nov 2013, 09:02

I already do. I'm originally from SE England but moved to Catalonia, Spain.

I never thought I'd leave Britain, and didn't have a particular desire to move to Spain. But love and a sense of destiny moved me :grin: And here I am.
If you change SE England for NW England and Catalonia for the Basque country, thats my story too :grin:
ImageImageIL 2013

OBOD Member formally known as Panoramix /|\

treegod
OBOD Druid

Postby treegod » 08 Nov 2013, 09:51

Funny how las cosas van. :wink:

Dysgwr
OBOD Druid

Postby Dysgwr » 08 Nov 2013, 11:08

Tell me about it - Ya te digo!
ImageImageIL 2013

OBOD Member formally known as Panoramix /|\

Reuils
OBOD Bard

Postby Reuils » 09 Nov 2013, 12:14

Illion,when you can do go to Scotland with your son .I don't think your image of paradise will be ruined,I think it will be reinforced :)

illion
OBOD Ovate

Postby illion » 10 Nov 2013, 08:04

Yes, I am sure I will one day go ;)

Return to “Sacred Sites”