Dragon's Eye Tours?

A place to post stories, pictures, experiences and engage in druidic discussion of areas throughout the world that are considered to be sacred places. These may be ancient man-made structures, natural sites of great power and beauty, places of religious devotion, modern secular sites or individual private places that inspire awe and devotion.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Branflakes
OBOD Ovate

Dragon's Eye Tours?

Postby Branflakes » 26 Dec 2012, 23:41

My significant other and I have been thinking and searching for a good (future) trip to Great Britain. She's always wanted to see Stone Henge, and I've always wanted to see some of the other druidy ancient sites, as well as Great Britain in general. On our web search we came across Dragon's Eye Tours (http://dragonseyetours.com). From what we read on its site, it sounds pretty promising compared with what we've been looking for.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it as reputable as it sounds? Anything we should know about it? Pros? Cons? Anything you've got will be of some help!

Thanks,
Bryan

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Re: Dragon's Eye Tours?

Postby DaRC » 27 Dec 2012, 12:11

I don't know about them as a tour group - personally I've always preferred mvcing to my own time and rhythm by organising trips myself.

So another option would be to use the power of t'interweb to organise your own itinery; find your own places to visit and places to stay. March to your own tune rather than another's... . Just a personal viewpoint.

However, having the chance to chat to Ronald Hutton might be something to good to be missed though!
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

katie bridgewater

Postby katie bridgewater » 27 Dec 2012, 16:07

If you can wait a while, there will be a new visitor centre at Stonehenge in 2014. We're building the prototype starting in January, and the real thing starts in the autumn. I'll post here when it's open. I'm very lucky that one of my dayjobs is for the people advising on and building reconstruction buildings near their original site so I will get to make a contribution to the project.

Corwen

Postby Corwen » 27 Dec 2012, 16:21

How long are you coming for? If you come for a couple of weeks you could walk one of the long distance paths like the Ridgeway, theres no better way to see a country than by walking across it.

http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/ridgeway/

This route ends at Avebury but from there you can walk the Great Stones Way on to Stonehenge.
My Homepage, music, instrument making, articles, pilgrimage and more! http://www.ancientmusic.co.uk
My Blog: http://www.katecorwen.wordpress.com
My Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/KATEandCORWEN
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kate-Cor ... 840?ref=hl

Branflakes
OBOD Ovate

Postby Branflakes » 27 Dec 2012, 18:50

So another option would be to use the power of t'interweb to organise your own itinery; find your own places to visit and places to stay. March to your own tune rather than another's... . Just a personal viewpoint.

However, having the chance to chat to Ronald Hutton might be something to good to be missed though!
My initial idea was to plan it out myself, but I don't have much int he way of experience in planning out trips (not to mention I've never stepped foot outside of the US). I wouldn't know where to begin, to be honest! lol. I thought Dragon's Eye Tours covered a large chunk of the things I would have originally wanted to see in the first place. We're still thinking it over, though.

Branflakes
OBOD Ovate

Postby Branflakes » 28 Dec 2012, 01:37

How long are you coming for? If you come for a couple of weeks you could walk one of the long distance paths like the Ridgeway, theres no better way to see a country than by walking across it.

http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/ridgeway/

This route ends at Avebury but from there you can walk the Great Stones Way on to Stonehenge.
That sounds awesome. I'd do that in a heartbeat. I doubt my girlfriend would be up to walking it, though!

minerva5
OBOD Druid

Postby minerva5 » 28 Dec 2012, 12:13

If you ever get to the South West of England (and Really you should!) try visiting an enormous stone circle at Stanton Drew which is west of Bath inside the junction of A36 heading West and the A37 heading South. It is bigger than Stonehenge and has amazing energies. It is on private farm land down little lanes but it is so worth the effort to find it.Time shifting is possible there.
Also if you have transport visit the Rollright stones on A44 a couple of miles before you get to Morton in Marsh in the Cotswolds.This is a small stone circle at the side of the road with many legends attached. It was also part of a massive dowsing survey in the 70's /80's related to the Michael and Mary ley lines called the Dragon Project. It is surrounded by an energy field with cold spot "gates " at the corners.
Good luck with your travels!

Branflakes
OBOD Ovate

Postby Branflakes » 28 Dec 2012, 15:55

If you ever get to the South West of England (and Really you should!) try visiting an enormous stone circle at Stanton Drew which is west of Bath inside the junction of A36 heading West and the A37 heading South. It is bigger than Stonehenge and has amazing energies. It is on private farm land down little lanes but it is so worth the effort to find it.Time shifting is possible there.
Also if you have transport visit the Rollright stones on A44 a couple of miles before you get to Morton in Marsh in the Cotswolds.This is a small stone circle at the side of the road with many legends attached. It was also part of a massive dowsing survey in the 70's /80's related to the Michael and Mary ley lines called the Dragon Project. It is surrounded by an energy field with cold spot "gates " at the corners.
Good luck with your travels!
Thank you! Sounds incredible. I will surely keep this in mind!

I'll definitely be needing to visit the UK more than a couple of times in my lifetime! So much to see, so little time! :grin:

paikea
OBOD Bard

Postby paikea » 01 Jan 2013, 19:34

I have no personal experience with tours but from friends who have come to the UK, with the same reservations as yours regarding planning it out yourself, I know they all felt rushed. some places had larger interest for them and some places not so much but there wasn't any way to stay longer/shorter anywhere. What places do you want to visit? Do you drive or would you rely on public transport? Do you want to visit people whilst you are here?

Dragon'sEyeTours

Postby Dragon'sEyeTours » 09 Apr 2013, 02:10

Good morning

Just found this thread and thought I should respond. I am Christine Casey, the founder and tour guide for Dragon's Eye Tours. I would like to assure all that my tours are very reputable and, unlike many other sacred sites tours, you can only book the tour through a reputable and registered travel agent I exclusively use with monies received going into their trust account. I tried to design the tours so that people are not rushed. We usually start at 9.30 or 10.00am each morning except for the day we go to Bath when we leave earlier to beat the crowds. We have nearly two days in Avebury, with one day being free and there is as much free time as I can include in an 11 day tour including a whole free day in Glastonbury. People come on tour because they don't have to worry about finding places which sometimes can be difficult and, for them, this means a more relaxing holiday. They also wouldn't have the opportunity if travelling independently of spending a day with Ronald Hutton or, in Ireland, for two days with Janet Farrar and Gavin Bone. Of course, we also facilitate rituals (e.g. the ritual we have in the Chalice Well Gardens in Glastonbury after it is closed to the public) and everyone receives a tarot reading as part of the tour and are able to participate in the workshops we hold as well. Americans, in particular, prefer a tour because many of them do not fancy driving on, what is for them, the wrong side of the road. On the West Country tour, we stay the first four nights in Boscastle, the next three in Glastonbury and the last three in Marlborough which is a short drive to Avebury. This is also helpful as people don't want to be unpacking and packing every night and it also means that the distances we drive to get to where we are going are short. It was difficult what to decide to include in an 11 day tour but I chose the places I thought people would particularly want to visit e.g. Stonehenge (we have private access and have it all to ourselves after hours for our Druid ritual), Avebury, Glastonbury, Tintagel and added a few more which are usually not on the sacred sites tour group list like The Hurlers Stone Circle and the Cheesewring. I notice that Stanton Drew was mentioned and there just wasn't time to include it on the day we go to Bath which is a great pity because it is just fantastic and certainly worth a visit. The first time I went there I was alone for the whole time. The Rollright stones were also mentioned and, once again, it is just too far to travel to include them which is a shame because it is a wonderful sacred place. I could go on and on because I'm so passionate about the tours and just love taking people to these extraordinary and beautiful places. To the lady who wants to visit the UK, please do not hesitate to contact me even if you are planning to go independently. I am a mine of information and would be most happy to answer any questions you might have. Hope this helps. Blessings

Blessings
Christine

Branflakes
OBOD Ovate

Postby Branflakes » 09 Apr 2013, 02:50

Hi, Christine! Thanks for the info. I almost forgot about this thread! You and I have chatted on Facebook about your tour, and my fiancée and I definitely plan on attending the 2014 tour! It sounds very exciting and we are looking forward to it!

Peace,
Bryan

Return to “Sacred Sites”