Avalon orchard

A place to post stories, pictures, experiences and engage in druidic discussion of areas throughout the world that are considered to be sacred places. These may be ancient man-made structures, natural sites of great power and beauty, places of religious devotion, modern secular sites or individual private places that inspire awe and devotion.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
kukl

Avalon orchard

Postby kukl » 18 Feb 2013, 20:56

Hi all, we just got back from our beloved Glastonbury. On our way down the tor we found something new, Avalon orchard. It's obviously been there for ages but as far as i know It's only just been made a public space. Old apple trees full of mistletoe in a lovely sunny orchard. Amazing place to meditate. Check it out. :D
And I dreamed I saw the bombers riding shotgun in the sky, and they where turning into butterflies above our nation. Joni Mitchell

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Re: Avalon orchard

Postby ShadowCat » 20 Feb 2013, 09:50

On what side of the Tor?

I've once sat in a lovely grove of hawthorns on the foot of the steep side of the tor (away from the town)...
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

kukl

Postby kukl » 20 Feb 2013, 11:11

Yes same side of the tor. If you go up Wellhouse Lane to where the disabled parking is then across the field there's a willow archway with a wicker apple hanging from it. :)
And I dreamed I saw the bombers riding shotgun in the sky, and they where turning into butterflies above our nation. Joni Mitchell

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Postby ShadowCat » 20 Feb 2013, 11:29

Yes, I know the place then!
Gorgeous indeed....
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

kukl

Postby kukl » 20 Feb 2013, 11:40

We visit Glastonbury 4 or 5 times a year so really looking forward to seeing the changes there. May will be next (Damh the bard at the chalice well) so the blossom should be in bloom. Also, being from the north, seeing wild mistletoe is a real treat.

Return to “Sacred Sites”