Seahenge

A place to post stories, pictures, experiences and engage in druidic discussion of areas throughout the world that are considered to be sacred places. These may be ancient man-made structures, natural sites of great power and beauty, places of religious devotion, modern secular sites or individual private places that inspire awe and devotion.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
DebMc
OBOD Bard

Seahenge

Postby DebMc » 08 Jun 2013, 04:50

For anyone who hasn't seen the Time Team special on Seahenge, complete with protestors, this is well worth a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU37d8kUebk

Seahenge II (Holme II), so far as I know, has been left alone...

Anyone else think that the upturned oak, thrust into the earth, DOES seem a bit frisky? And the roots, with their magical underground-ness laid open to the sky, might make a wonderful bed for lovers, enclosed by a ring of posts, open only to starlight and the moon? I mean it could be :o

Aoife
OBOD Bard

Re: Seahenge

Postby Aoife » 09 Jun 2013, 08:54

That's really awesome.

hodekin

Re: Seahenge

Postby hodekin » 23 Jul 2013, 08:17

Ah! I remember it well.

To use a well worn out phrase "I was there"! I ended up losing some good friends over my stance against the moving of the Henge, but principles are principles...and without principles where are we?

Thanks for taking me back to my younger days when I was an 'active' street Druid LOL.

Hodekin

Return to “Sacred Sites”