Map of Iron Age Hill Forts

A place to post stories, pictures, experiences and engage in druidic discussion of areas throughout the world that are considered to be sacred places. These may be ancient man-made structures, natural sites of great power and beauty, places of religious devotion, modern secular sites or individual private places that inspire awe and devotion.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.

Map of Iron Age Hill Forts

Postby Gwion » 08 Jul 2013, 10:40

Oxford’s School of Archaeology is to carry out a major survey designed to map all the ancient hill forts across Britain and Ireland and is asking for help from the general public.
It looks like an interesting project and might give a useful picture of Britain during the ancient druids’ hey day.
"Had I lived I might have been clever" - from the traditional ballad "The Bonny Bunch of Roses"
Some songs
Some Pictures

OBOD Ovate

Re: Map of Iron Age Hill Forts

Postby Whitemane » 08 Jul 2013, 12:48

That's a big project and a stonking big grant.

I'd encourage anybody who can contribute to do so and help make it a success.
May the long time sun shine upon you,
All love surround you,
And the pure light within you,
Guide your way on.

Badger Bob
OBOD Druid

Re: Map of Iron Age Hill Forts

Postby Badger Bob » 08 Jul 2013, 17:17

I am looking forward to reading the results. Unfortunately my local archaeology soc is pretty much an industrial archaeology interest group so I don't think this will much interest them. Damn the industrial revolution :wink:

Return to “Sacred Sites”