the grove

This forum is for discussions of all aspects and efforts to nurture Gaia - from gardening to tree and herb lore: from husbanding the forests to environmental activism and planting sacred groves.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Hagar

Re: the grove

Postby Hagar » 25 Apr 2013, 12:45

As my good old friend always says. Everything is in God's time not yours, that goes for healing and communications as well. Peace. :)

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 16 Sep 2013, 23:52

Well its Sep and all the tests are in ,,, The docs confermed what i told them ,, im old and beat to hell,, they agree,, so ,, im off the road forced medical retirement and working on some sippin whisky deciding my next move,,that move will most likely be to get more whisky ^@^,,I did get my smoke house done,,it took me over 2 mos,,a job that used to take 3 days but its done and i seasoned the house for 6 hrs with 2" green maple and oak sticks and a 12 pack of beer incase of fire,,If i get a deer this year i plan on making all jerky and setting some out in the grove with some of this years honey and trumpets,,She has call me several times and the last time i did make out to her and she sent me away till i heal up a bit ,, walking bothers my back and neck {building a 600 lb smoke house didnt help},,The smokehouse,, its solid 2x6 white pine 46" sq ,6' tall with a 2' pitched roof and its solid 2" pine too and the door, I built it and lag bolted together in my shed took it apart {6days} and loaded it on my trailer {5days} moved it out back and put it together again {8days},,I think its going to be 1 or 2 projects a year from now on,,This winter,,maybe,, its the bat house,,While i was on medical hold the blackberries came on and the wife and i picked almost every day,,Seasons end we ended up with 48, 1 gal bags of berries,,as of today i have 45 gals of wild blackberry wine working in the basement and enough berries for 3 huge pies,,Soooo,, the docs are done the tests are done the paperwork is done ,,I think its time for me to drift out back maybe spend a night or 3 sleeping with the grove,,posting pics in here still confuses me to no end but ill send on some to anyone that asks,, be safe in your travels and keep your fires small
Through my eyes you still see,, Through my heart you still live ,, For as long as i have breath you will sing,,Thanks Mom

Wolf Dreamer
OBOD Druid

Postby Wolf Dreamer » 17 Sep 2013, 02:50

Glad to hear from you. Thats an impressive berry crop! I'd love to see pics of the grove and the smokehouse too. I'll pm you my email address.

Wolf Dreamer
"Follow your bliss. If you do follow your bliss you
put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while
waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one you are living.
If you follow your bliss, doors will open that wouldn't have opened for anyone else."

- Joseph Campbell

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 23 Sep 2013, 04:16

wolf dreamer,, i think i sent ya the pics so i hope you can open them
Through my eyes you still see,, Through my heart you still live ,, For as long as i have breath you will sing,,Thanks Mom

Wolf Dreamer
OBOD Druid

Postby Wolf Dreamer » 23 Sep 2013, 17:11

Hi Deepwater,

I didn't see an email from you. Did you send the pictures to my Comcast.net address? I'm excited to see them!

Wolf Dreamer
If you follow your bliss, doors will open that wouldn't have opened for anyone else."

- Joseph Campbell

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 26 Sep 2013, 06:02

yes,,i used the email you sent in the message,,i havent recieved any error messasges so i thought you got them ,,

Wolf Dreamer
OBOD Druid

Postby Wolf Dreamer » 26 Sep 2013, 14:15

No, I didn't get your email. I just searched my whole in box. If you wouldn't mind, could you resend them and put the grove in the subject line? I would really appreciate it.

Wolf Dreamer

- Joseph Campbell

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 13 Jan 2014, 01:12

I trecked out to the grove,,dam cold it was at 22 but the house was changing my whole outlook on life,,I needed fresh air,,so 2hrs and I found her asleep,,What a kick in the ass,,but I did get to sit on her steps and rest and dry off,,Asleep I could still feel her under the snow and I saw she had always been there doing what she had done for ,,,ever,,,and I was feeling pissed about not having a job to go to anymore,,im not getting up shaving and driving and im not making anymore money ,,I know im ok and my basic bills are paid,,im not going to starve or lose anything that its just my time to stop and reset my inner drive,,Soooooooooooo its mid jan or so and I have somethings to set into motion,,I have trees to trim and seeds to plant flowers to get started bat boxes to build bees to hug and wine to make and drink,,I may have to do it with a walking stick or on my knees but whatever it takes I am letting the forest have as much of me as it wants,,This spring melt I will start planting oaks around the Grove to replace what was logged off,,Small hemlocks and ash and maple,,This june im returning to De and ill bring back several holly trees and I want to try grafting misteltoe growing on a maple onto branches of a host tree up here and ill try several sassafras trees ,,I have nothing left to do but make this forest live with all I can dig and plant,,This is where my ashes will end up so I might as well make it a nice place to be

Aphritha
OBOD Bard

Postby Aphritha » 14 Jan 2014, 18:39

I was feeling pissed about not having a job to go to anymore,,im not getting up shaving and driving and im not making anymore money
Just because you're not getting a paycheck doesn't mean you can't/don't have a job.
its mid jan or so and I have somethings to set into motion,,I have trees to trim and seeds to plant flowers to get started bat boxes to build bees to hug and wine to make and drink
Sounds like a job to me.

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 15 Jan 2014, 06:08

Its not a job any more,,Its what I do,, :grin:

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 16 Feb 2014, 06:17

Hey everyone, we dug out (4hrs) from a great snow and had a huge fire at the pit, The dogs got to run in some nice deep snow and we walked out back for an hour, more snow tonight and im a bit stiff so ill let it lay hopeing the week of warm air will melt some and I wont have to move it, The grove has been quiet I guess its because of the cold, we had many days well below 0,,but lots of birds and small critters are out and the deer are moving, I would not mind if we got another 2 foot of snow,,i meen what the hell im not going anywhere

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 13 Mar 2014, 21:59

Well another big snow, :grin: ,so far 11 inches and its drifting ,,but my bees were out several times last week and I was glad to see them, :yay: ,I see the maple trees are being tapped ,,I have 3 of my own but im not ready to make my own syrup,,I plant to spend lots of time out by the Grove cleaning out the dead tree tops and brush left from the loggers, :x ,Most of it I expect to cut in 1 to 3 foot lengths and drop so it rots quickly :thinking: ,larger pieces are for firepits :warm: ,I miss hearing her call to me :-( ,,Its hard to believe its been 6 years now,,Im now able to be outback more but have to pick my days when feeling able to make the trip,,It sucks getting older,,now that I have time it feels like im running out of it :old: ,,Well its 3 feet of snow in the woods 3 months till mud month :gloomy: So no more crying in my beer :gulp: , :idea: ,I think ill roam around in the rooms drink some wine and see whats going on ..

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 12 May 2014, 08:34

Well updates will be sparce,, im all over the woods,,we dug some huge ferns for the fence and loged some nice 6" dead trees,,She is awake but hasent called me yet,,I hear her and she knows it she just hasent wanted me there yet,,I moved in my new bee hive,, its all 3" thick all around and solid base to the ground,,I want full time electric out to my shed so I needed to dig out some rocks,, :o ,,the first one is 1/2 the size of a washing machine and 2300lb,,5 hours and it where I want it,,, now its 7 to 10 days of pain killing anything I can find,,than on to the next rock,, ill get them moved ,, ill get the electric and ill heal up as much as is needed,,its soo beautiful back here when all the trees start to bud out

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 02 Jul 2014, 03:49

Hey everyone,,Its 1 july,,I got the rocks moved and electric to my shed,, that took almost 2 mos and several ppl helping and a 30 pack of beer,,bees are awesome now and ill add 2 honey supers next week,and plan on a late evening walk out to the Grove,,,I watched an old friend waddle down the driveway and the road,,,My boston whaler Montauk is now on its way to florida with a wonderful family,,We wish them Gods speed and a safe trip,,,Bees doing great ,,berries getting big,,,wine is aged well and ill make more ,,, retirement is good

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 26 Aug 2014, 10:17

well I have been here now 7 years,,7 years with this grove this lady of the woods,,,,,,we are more apart of eachother and yet so close,,,,,i need to spend some time alone and sleep mnear her to feel whats going on

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 08 Oct 2014, 07:04

Hey all,,Its Oct and the leaves are in full color,,This last 10 mos has been a working nightmare ,,but the end showed up,,ill never work again ,,for money,,all the docs and all the paperwork is done and the last advice I got was ,,,Try to not do anything stupid and let your body heal in place and than we will talk drugs if needed :o ,,So I walk and sit and the grove grumbles because many of her huge trees are gone,,I have time now ,,maybe we can heal what ever riff there is between us,,I guess time will tell

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 15 Jul 2015, 06:22

I don't know what happened to the last 8 mos,,life gets in the way as we get older but it also has huge open spaces unfilled by doc appointments tests or pain,, im thinking im close to that open place ,,,time to walk around and see whats been happening around my woods

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 24 Jan 2016, 02:02

its jan and not much is going on ,, very little snow and warmer than normal so she dosent sleep well ,,I feel her and when its realy cold I hear her,,this year I make the offerings for her maybe one last time,, my legs are almost done in

Rem
OBOD Bard

Postby Rem » 20 Mar 2016, 19:57

Just make sure to take care of yourself as well and that way she will appreciate any offerings more I am sure. Hope the seasons turn well for you this year.
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. :D

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 21 Mar 2016, 19:14

its the first full day of spring and we have 4 inches of new snow,, the Grove is unhappy and so am I

Return to “Greening Gaia”