Nature spirit?

This forum is for discussions of all aspects and efforts to nurture Gaia - from gardening to tree and herb lore: from husbanding the forests to environmental activism and planting sacred groves.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
shirley mclaren
OBOD Ovate

Nature spirit?

Postby shirley mclaren » 30 Jun 2014, 07:28

Went for a lovely walk yesterday. Lots of blackberries starting to form fruit. As I walked by, I caught sight of a tiny little face out the corner of my eye, peaking through the leaves. Very sweet. I like to think it was a nature spirit.
ALL THAT WE ARE IS THE RESULT OF WHAT WE HAVE THOUGHT

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Re: Nature spirit?

Postby ShadowCat » 30 Jun 2014, 08:22

When I was walking the first miles of my spirit-path I had a teacher that was really "into" the small folk, otherkin, or how you want to name it. I often used to say that the day I see, with my physical eyes, little gnomes running about I would go to get my head checked first... Now I think about things a bit more nuanced... For me personally, I see the life, the soul, the spirit, in nature in small physical things: waterchrystals frozen on a spiderweb, a single leaf dancing on an unseen current of wind, a songbird beside the path serenading me. My inner images are a great deal wilder, allowing for dragons, fairykin, and whatnot...

When you are relaxed, inner and outer images will mix. I often see dragons and thunderbirds in clouds. Enjoy your memory, regardless of what your mind says you've seen.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

BS13 I BS13 II LI13 SB13 IL14 LI14 SB14 BS15 LI 15
Sacred spaces and places

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 03 Dec 2014, 09:36

I would like very much to sit on a limb and watch the two of you sit and talk
Through my eyes you still see,, Through my heart you still live ,, For as long as i have breath you will sing,,Thanks Mom

deepwater

Postby deepwater » 03 Dec 2014, 09:37

^@^
Through my eyes you still see,, Through my heart you still live ,, For as long as i have breath you will sing,,Thanks Mom

Return to “Greening Gaia”