Druid's Prayer Part V: Love of All Existences

This forum is for discussing all aspects of Druidry as a spiritual path.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 01 Jul 2005, 03:13

But, in a calmer moment (after applying lotion to bites), I think of the Web of Life, and that everything any one of us, or any other being, does, will affect all beings in the web.
We are literally all connected. All beings are created by the same Creator - however we view that Creating Source - Spirit/God/dess.

It's already been so well expressed above by others - that I can have abstract love, and even compassion, without loving each individual of that existence.

Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Alferian
OBOD Druid

Postby Alferian » 20 Jul 2005, 18:22

I know what you mean, Donata. I've just returned from the Missouri woods with a large number of chiggers. Take mosquito bites, multiply the itch by three and then make them last for one or two weeks. It's no fun being prey. However, in the case of mosquitos you could at least console yourself by remembering that you are bing food for swallows, dragonflies, and bats who eat mosquitoes. In the case of chiggers, I'm not sure what good it does as these guys are not going to go on to feed anyone. It's a bad mistake all around. Chiggers need to pick on someone who can't scratch and can't apply medicines -- like deer. Ah, well.

Itchingly yours,

Alferian

EarthWard

Postby EarthWard » 20 Jul 2005, 22:10

Oh god! Chiggers! Best of luck to you!
The trick is to contain the spread.

Skylark
OBOD Bard

Postby Skylark » 21 Jul 2005, 08:53

What's a chigger?

Azrienoch

Postby Azrienoch » 21 Jul 2005, 09:21

A little bug who's larvae burrow into your skin. Like Alf said, I don't think they feed, but it's still itchy.

Skylark
OBOD Bard

Postby Skylark » 21 Jul 2005, 13:09

I see.

(...Eeeeew!)

Mike

Postby Mike » 10 Dec 2005, 14:58

In common with one or two of the above responses I do not see "The love of all existences" as refering to the next-door neighbour or the nasty guy in gaol.

For me it means that we should learn to respect and care for nature, for the environment, for the animals. It means accepting that the dog in your living room has as much right to a decent life as you do. It means that you respect the right of that 'orrible wasp to share this planet with you.

I personally do not see it as telling us to be nice to everything and everyone, instead it saying "respect them and let them be" even if you don't like 'em!

Eustacia

Postby Eustacia » 17 Aug 2006, 14:58

To me this is talking about tolerance, about accepting others who follow a different path.  It is lack of prejudice, about seeing the world as one and completed by all that is in it, not just by those who believe and feel as we do.  thus loving all existences, all those on the planet,.

To me this relates to the love of justice in terms that if you know and understand the consequences of all actions than we see the consequences of not loving all existences and recognise that we must do this in order to strive for a happier and more complete world.

Peace & Love

Stacy
Daughter of the White Wolf
Mother of 3 of the New Generation
Wife of the Son of the Bear
Devotee of the Divine
And Warrior of her Family

"Dance like there's nobody watching, Laugh like you haven't a care, Smile even if you are hurting, Live for each moment you share!"

Return to “Discuss Druidry”