The Christian-Druid Path

This forum is for discussing all aspects of Druidry as a spiritual path.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Re: The Christian-Druid Path

Postby Twyrch » 17 Nov 2011, 01:53

As interesting as this topic is I fail to see why it has been posted under The Christian-Druid Path thread. In view of the contents I am also very dubious as to why someone professing to be a convert to Islam would even be posting on a message board such as this.
Perhaps there is a wily old Pagan or Wiccan trying to lump all the Abrahamic faiths together in a very clever attempt to sabotage a Christian-Druid's prescence in an apparently Pagan dominated community.
I can see no other reason and frankly it is beginning to bore me, a bit like the tiresome writing thread which became quite embarrassing for those involved I feel.
I quite agree. If the topic of an Islamic-Druid Path is relevant to some people, they should probably make their own thread, rather than derailing this one.
Twyrch  /|\  J. D. Edwards

ImageImageImage

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Mountainheart
OBOD Bard

Postby Mountainheart » 17 Nov 2011, 11:57

As interesting as this topic is I fail to see why it has been posted under The Christian-Druid Path thread. In view of the contents I am also very dubious as to why someone professing to be a convert to Islam would even be posting on a message board such as this.
Perhaps there is a wily old Pagan or Wiccan trying to lump all the Abrahamic faiths together in a very clever attempt to sabotage a Christian-Druid's prescence in an apparently Pagan dominated community.
I can see no other reason and frankly it is beginning to bore me, a bit like the tiresome writing thread which became quite embarrassing for those involved I feel.
I quite agree. If the topic of an Islamic-Druid Path is relevant to some people, they should probably make their own thread, rather than derailing this one.
But isn't this thread itself in the wrong place? :grin:

If you want to 'protect' the thread why not move the whole discussion of the Christian-Druid path to its correct forum -The Druid-Christian Path?

Muddy Fox

Postby Muddy Fox » 17 Nov 2011, 12:12

MountainHeart, I am not a moderator, so I am just observing a trend. Personally I don't think The Christian Druid or Druid Christian needs protection. I cannot understand why the Gay/Lesbian forum is closed either. I'm just a visitor and a member. But there does seem to be a rule for one and another rule for the "click". For instance the heavily guarded Skeptics corner.
Also if someone wants to undermine another because of a faith or belief system that differs from their own, then why not have the maturity and honesty to speak directly about it.Or to just tolerate another's viewpoint without the silly games, and trying to score points in a underhand way.
Mind you they must have a bit of a bee in their bonnet to go to such lengths, quite amusing really.

Mountainheart
OBOD Bard

Postby Mountainheart » 17 Nov 2011, 13:06

Also if someone wants to undermine another because of a faith or belief system that differs from their own, then why not have the maturity and honesty to speak directly about it.Or to just tolerate another's viewpoint without the silly games, and trying to score points in a underhand way.
I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. I must have missed something or not being reading carefully enough. :???:

Muddy Fox

Postby Muddy Fox » 17 Nov 2011, 17:55

Don't worry about it Mountainheart, my statement was not directed at you personally and probably spans two message boards. Others will know what I am referring to no doubt, and I do not intend to worry about it either.

Mountainheart
OBOD Bard

Postby Mountainheart » 17 Nov 2011, 17:58

Don't worry about it Mountainheart, my statement was not directed at you personally and probably spans two message boards. Others will know what I am referring to no doubt, and I do not intend to worry about it either.

Thanks. I didn't want to have inadvertently offended you

:D

Scholar

Postby Scholar » 17 Nov 2011, 18:05

All fair points. Yeah, sorry about that web link-had some interesting points but was obviously a bit twisted and biased in an unhealthy way.

As I recall the Koran was allegedly written from 'memory' about 70 years after allegedly being dictated by Gabrial?

it's an interesting subject as Islam is something I have only came across lightly. I recall being excited when I first got the Koran about 20 years ago, then disappointed when I realised it was near identical to the Bible! lol

I wonder if 'God' as such exists if it isn't time he/she or it sent another world teacher...as eh, if your thesis is right-I think the humans have lost the plot again?

Perhaps it was Darwin to take us to the next step? Or Dawkins? :)
I definitely think, given our track record (at least in Abrahamic history), we do make a habit of getting a message from God and then messing up. There is a hadith from Prophet Muhammad that says that the thing he fears the most for Muslims is taking the Qur'an out of context and, quite ironically, we do it all.the.time. I'm sure I do it too.

The only issue I have with ANY religion, even my own, is that the people within the religious groups tend to localize God to their own area or their own religion. We tend to forget exactly how vast God is. We think of Him in such small and limited ways that it's hard for us to look at any other culture and way of life and see God in it. Ive even had to teach myself not to do this because Ive fallen into the habit before as well. It's very easy to start thinking of God in such small and limited ways and thinking that He only belongs to "us."

JohnPaulPatton

Postby JohnPaulPatton » 17 Nov 2011, 19:44

Fair point. Any relation between Islam and paganism is prob worth a thread in itself. Though part of one of my points is how there was a period of overlap during the Golden Age of Islam under the Moors, were there was harmony and cross-over between Chrisitianity and Islam and that this also impacted on the Filid in Ireland. Christianity and Islam also do share a lot in common. But anyway-point taken.

Art
OBOD Druid

Postby Art » 17 Nov 2011, 20:27

Please note that the Druid-Christian Path is a subforum under The Spirit of the Journey. While we recognize that the complexity of this board is somewhat daunting, we do encourage folks to make an effort to ensure that topics are posted in the appropriate forum to ensure maximum exposure to those people who may have an interest in that topic. Obviously this is not the right place for discussions relating to all Abrahamic traditions nor will a discussion of alternate approaches necessarily receive the attention and consideration it deserves in this forum.

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 17 Nov 2011, 23:17

Hi, everybody.

I had a good read round this thread today. I'm not sure that I think it has been derailed at all from Art's original announcement, which doesn't look like it was ever intended as the basis for a discussion. This thread strikes me as a flowing conversation that twists and turns with relevance. Thank you, posters, for an interesting read.

May I also make the point while I am here that everybody is welcome at the Druid's Head Pub. The door is open to all. The same, incidentally, goes for the subforums in question.

Muddy Fox

Postby Muddy Fox » 18 Nov 2011, 21:40

Cheers Bracken and all! :D :gulp:

JohnPaulPatton

Postby JohnPaulPatton » 18 Nov 2011, 22:41

Hi, everybody.

I had a good read round this thread today. I'm not sure that I think it has been derailed at all from Art's original announcement, which doesn't look like it was ever intended as the basis for a discussion. This thread strikes me as a flowing conversation that twists and turns with relevance. Thank you, posters, for an interesting read.

May I also make the point while I am here that everybody is welcome at the Druid's Head Pub. The door is open to all. The same, incidentally, goes for the subforums in question.
Thanks-yeah, I have enjoyed the thread personally.

Muddy Fox

Postby Muddy Fox » 18 Nov 2011, 23:14

It's been a bit different JeanPaul, maybe we should all go down the Druid's head and play chess, chinese chequers, or maybe draughts? To see who is the King, the Queen or the Pawn.
I have a real aversion to being stalked by Lone/pawn type things, it is the one thing I do not like and if a lone/pawn type thing comes near me again or contacts me, there will be trouble. Speaking in crypto which seems to be the done thing in Druidry and of course, tests and trials.

JohnPaulPatton

Postby JohnPaulPatton » 19 Nov 2011, 00:48

It's been a bit different JeanPaul, maybe we should all go down the Druid's head and play chess, chinese chequers, or maybe draughts? To see who is the King, the Queen or the Pawn.
I have a real aversion to being stalked by Lone/pawn type things, it is the one thing I do not like and if a lone/pawn type thing comes near me again or contacts me, there will be trouble. Speaking in crypto which seems to be the done thing in Druidry and of course, tests and trials.
I LOVE chess! I have actually worked on reconstructing Fidchell (wood wisdom) as the native Irish chess. Christian-Druids might also be interested in this-as it is referred to in Sans Cormac in terms of Christian symbolism e.g. The four quarters of the board are related to the four gospels etc. :old:

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 05 Jul 2012, 19:17

Matodemi has graciously agreed to help out with this group, so if you are a Druid-Christian and would like to gain access to the D-C forum, please send your request to either her or Katsu via PM.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Bart
OBOD Ovate

Postby Bart » 10 Jul 2012, 22:15

I've seemed to have misplaced the link (can't find it anumore) But I should still have acces. Unless I was removed on my merits. :grin:

Selene
OBOD Druid

Postby Selene » 11 Jul 2012, 01:55

Bart, it's a subforum under Spirit of the Journey. I don't have the link handy, but you should see it on the index page. And, yes, you're a member of that group. :)
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making few more."

OBOD Druid Religious Tolerance No hotlinks! Image Image

Mesotes

Postby Mesotes » 24 Jul 2012, 05:28

Personally, what I have found in my own research is that modern Christianity, that is, the Literalist evangelical orthodox genre is a very "watered-down" corrupt version of mystic-state Christianity. The latter included the heavy use of psychedelic sacraments.

What the Church has done is inverted the "God" as revealed by the Plant Teacher, to the power of the Pope and the bishops. That includes Protestantism which is just an offshoot of the Roman cult. Thus, Earth-based reverence to Gaia has been appropriated to political machinations. Religious commandments (biblical Ten Commandments) have arisen as an appropriation of the earlier shamanic experiences.

To be sure, I am not advocating sacred plants as the "be- all- end- all." In the sacred Mysteries, as we know, there was the order of Druids who acted cohesively in a hierarchical manner, to educate people. Initiates,"baby Christs," were first guided to train their Minds for clarity. Meditation techniques were abundant. Whether sitting in solitude by the river's edge, or in day to day activities. By the end of the day, you are mindfully "remembering" your day's earlier activities and thoughts. Being self-critical.

This training, included amongst others, such as bodily fasting, prepared one to enter the "temple" whereupon the hierophants and oracles entered into inebriation. It was an extensive ceremony of psychoactives akin to that of Eleusis.
The fowls of the heavens, and of the beasts whatever is beneath the earth, or upon the earth, and the fishes of the sea, these are they that draw you unto the Divine.
Oxyrhynchus Papyri (Gnostic fragments in Greek)

Art
OBOD Druid

Postby Art » 24 Jul 2012, 07:46

Thus, Earth-based reverence to Gaia has been appropriated to political machinations. Religious commandments (biblical Ten Commandments) have arisen as an appropriation of the earlier shamanic experiences.

In the sacred Mysteries, as we know, there was the order of Druids who acted cohesively in a hierarchical manner, to educate people. Initiates,"baby Christs," were first guided to train their Minds for clarity. Meditation techniques were abundant. Whether sitting in solitude by the river's edge, or in day to day activities. By the end of the day, you are mindfully "remembering" your day's earlier activities and thoughts. Being self-critical.

This training, included amongst others, such as bodily fasting, prepared one to enter the "temple" whereupon the hierophants and oracles entered into inebriation. It was an extensive ceremony of psychoactives akin to that of Eleusis.
Fascinating statements. Would you please list your source material to help us vet the comments? Thanks!

Mesotes

Postby Mesotes » 24 Jul 2012, 08:30

Thus, Earth-based reverence to Gaia has been appropriated to political machinations. Religious commandments (biblical Ten Commandments) have arisen as an appropriation of the earlier shamanic experiences.

In the sacred Mysteries, as we know, there was the order of Druids who acted cohesively in a hierarchical manner, to educate people. Initiates,"baby Christs," were first guided to train their Minds for clarity. Meditation techniques were abundant. Whether sitting in solitude by the river's edge, or in day to day activities. By the end of the day, you are mindfully "remembering" your day's earlier activities and thoughts. Being self-critical.

Fascinating statements. Would you please list your source material to help us vet the comments? Thanks!
Sure thing!

On another thread here on The Druid Grove Message Board, I posted a link to what's called "The Pharmacratic Inquisition." I can re-link that, as I think it's relevant to this thread as well.

I'll link the whole playlist so you can choose which version you'd like to view.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp

There is an unusually abundant "subtle" ancient works of art, particularly that of the early Christian era. One great site to check out is Dr. Rush's "Clinical Anthropology. As you scroll down, you can see it's pretty extensive.

http://clinicalanthropology.com/index.html

And, one of my favorite sources, respectfully, is John Lash. His website is:

http://www.metahistory.org/index.php

That website is bundled with a plethora of data via multiple source material.

Another excellent source is Michael Tsarion's work. I recall I posted a thread entitled "The Irish Origins of Civilization."
In dealing with Literalist Christianity, I'll refer you to his work on Aton. The Atonist cult of Akhenaten and beyond. Aton (Adonai) is the precursor of Judaism and Judeo-Christianity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMDw6cNxBy4

Michael Tsarion on the Druids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5gFIO7bbNM

And finally, here is a magnum opus, as it were, evidencing the widely practiced entheogenic practices, meditation techniques and worldview of the ancient philosophers, who we could call "druids."

http://egodeath.com/EntheogenTheoryOfReligion.htm

Enjoy!

Looking forward to more discussion.
The fowls of the heavens, and of the beasts whatever is beneath the earth, or upon the earth, and the fishes of the sea, these are they that draw you unto the Divine.
Oxyrhynchus Papyri (Gnostic fragments in Greek)

Return to “Discuss Druidry”