The role of the tutor

This forum is for discussing all aspects of Druidry as a spiritual path.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Bracken
OBOD Druid

Re: The role of the tutor

Postby Bracken » 08 Jan 2012, 20:12

Wow... I sense some hostility here, so let me clear things up before you think I've expected someone to stick around for 13 years. (And, no, it has not been lovely)
Hi, Athelia.

No. No hostility at all. Try reading it again in a friendly tone of voice and you'll be able to hear how I wrote it.
All the best.

treegod
OBOD Druid

Postby treegod » 08 Jan 2012, 22:29

Wow... I sense some hostility here, so let me clear things up before you think I've expected someone to stick around for 13 years. (And, no, it has not been lovely)
Hi, Athelia.

No. No hostility at all. Try reading it again in a friendly tone of voice and you'll be able to hear how I wrote it.
All the best.
I don't know about hostility before, but now... :whistle: :grin:

Kris Hughes
OBOD Bard

Postby Kris Hughes » 09 Jan 2012, 00:18

The only difference between you and I is that I have experienced it first hand. The 'actual knowledge' that you reckon you have very little of is that which will come from within when you dive in.
This was precisely the "actual knowledge" to which I was referring. It was not a complaint about the answers I have been given here, which were very helpful, as I stated earlier in this thread. I have ordered the introductory pack, and am looking forward to it.

Kris
"Your horse is your mirror." ~ Linda Parelli

My Blog http://www.godeeper.info/blog.html

Lizzy
OBOD Druid

Postby Lizzy » 09 Jan 2012, 22:07

Good luck on your journey Kris, may it be a magical one :shake:

illion
OBOD Ovate

Postby illion » 07 Feb 2012, 07:27

I have been very happy with the tutor system so far in my OBOD experience.

I am now at the end of my bardic grade, and I like that the student him/herself is the one to be in charge of when tutoring is appropriate and at what level. I wanted to work myself through most of the grade alone, and I think I needed to do so to be sure that I was not colouring my own experiences with someone else's ideas. I am so glad that I wasn't forced any guidance I wouldn't want to have upon me. The few times that I have needed my tutor, he has been there with the advice that I've needed. No more, no less.

I wonder why some people get aggressive because their tutor hasn't replied or the replies aren't what they want to get and so on, and why it is necessary to spread negativity around. Why don't just ask Susan in a decent, normal way why it is so? Then, they probably would get an answer and a solution to the problem instead of spending weeks and months in irritation over something that could easily be solved.

I like to think that people who complain without doing something about it themselves, has something to learn about themselves. I've been there myself, and my life has been so much better after I found out that I should do what I could do to solve the situation. Anger and negativity and talking bad of what other persons do or don't are rarely productive at all.

My opinions in this post are made on a general basis, of course there might have been individuals that have a right to complain, I wouldn't know.

Susanne
OBOD Ovate

Postby Susanne » 07 Feb 2012, 11:48

Great post Illion!
I have only been in touch with my tutor once, when I introduced myself to her & received her reply. I, like you, choose to work my way through the Bardic grade on my own but it's nice to know that she's available if I need her. :)
Sue

athelia143
OBOD Druid

Postby athelia143 » 05 Dec 2014, 03:35

After many years, I finally finished the Bardic Grade! I've just enrolled in the Ovate grade online and am glad I'm going through all of the right channels this time! :)

I'm subscribed, will receive the package once per month and I actually feel ready to move onwards and upwards. Now is the time and this is the place. (And it won't take 15 years.)

I think my biggest roadblock was that I started out on the wrong foot. I went through turbulent times, the change in courses, the person with the gwersi leaving, and just didn't start off like many do.

This time, I feel like I'm starting on the correct foot and I can't wait for that first package to arrive!!
:yay:
Athelia /|\

Return to “Discuss Druidry”