Dealing with evil and protection

This forum is for discussing all aspects of Druidry as a spiritual path.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
shirley mclaren
OBOD Ovate

Dealing with evil and protection

Postby shirley mclaren » 25 Nov 2015, 04:22

I would like some advice please on how best to protect myself and family from a malevolent spirit. I am not talking about the "Charmed" TV series type of demon, but something I perceive as an evil entity.

I have been quite aware of something going on,for some while now, but yesterday I caught sight of "it" momentarily during eye contact. I was speaking to a friend in his office yesterday, whom I have known for sometime, whilst they were typing something on their laptop. I looked away for a moment while they were typing then looked back towards them as you would naturally do during a normal conversation. When I did so, I was shaken to see my friend was half looking up at me from his keyboard, with his head to one side and he was looking "up under his eyes" towards me. His eyes were completely black, like two black beads, and it was as though he was not himself. I was so taken aback, it quite unnerved me and I looked away very quickly. When I looked back again, everything regarding my friend, was normal. I do believe it was something genuine and not a product of my imagination.

Additionally it seems that lately, even the most simple things I do are always "blocked", for example, going to the supermarket that would always be open 100% of the time, to find a "sorry closed" sign on the door. Yesterday I was pushed for time, it was cold and wet, so decided as I was outside the place, I would have a Mcdonalds - something I do extremely rarely. It was lunchtime and I could see the restaurant was looking fully open for business and people eating inside. However, when I tried to open the door, I found it locked. A server came to the door but would not open it for me. Seconds later, someone appeared and put a handwritten "sorry closed" sign on the door. Even as I am typing this now and trying to post it on the forum I am getting a "sorry server not responding message". I would add that I have not engaged in any rituals or any sort of activity that could be perceived as bringing this about.

Therefore my questions are : what is it? how would you deal with it?

BB

Shirley
ALL THAT WE ARE IS THE RESULT OF WHAT WE HAVE THOUGHT

Green Raven

Re: Dealing with evil and protection

Postby Green Raven » 25 Nov 2015, 10:48

Despite my initial feeling that being prevented from entering a McDonald’s was a benign act :grin: , your experiences sound alarming.

Perhaps you have unknowingly upset a pwca? Mischievous rather than evil they can be a bit touchy.

The Pwca of the Trwyn (Welsh): http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/wfb/wfb67.htm

The Phouka (Irish): http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/ali/ali017.htm

The old tales usually tell of a benevolent relationship turned sour due to a thoughtless act or perceived slight. Perhaps some reading of the stories and thinking back may unearth the turning point? A gift or act of contrition leads to reconciliation and the return of the good times.

In the meantime, do you keep a ‘daily blessings’ section in a spiritual journal? Noting down all the good things that happen in your day may show them to considerably outnumber the bad.
“Listen, O little pig! are not the buds of thorns
Very green, the mountain beautiful, and beautiful the earth?”
- Myrddin Wyllt, Hoianau / Greetings (to a Pig)

shirley mclaren
OBOD Ovate

Postby shirley mclaren » 25 Nov 2015, 21:23

Green Raven

Many thanks, I will look into all that you have said.

Shirley

elementalheart
OBOD Druid

Postby elementalheart » 26 Nov 2015, 17:37

Just an alternative view. Have you asked for protection or possibly guidance on the way forward recently? Or greater clarity from guides?

If so the signs may be positive ones offering insight and direction to be wary of someone's motives or to avoid certain places, even to look at lifestyle, behaviour patterns etc.

I too think being prevented from entering McD is a good thing. Maybe shopping smaller, more local than a supermarket would be hinted at. And going healthier than fast food?

It is open to you to read a stop sign as a bad thing, but I tend to believe the signs are beneficial and protective of us. I remind myself when behind one of those annoyingly slow drivers that slowing down would help my stress while anger is inappropriate. Maybe worth a look.

Equally I don't really see people as controlled by evil, but a weird look maybe a reminder to be careful or just not to assume folk are motivated the same as us. To me its a caution or call for utmost awareness of a relationship or situation when I perceive something particularly odd or startling like that. But it can be good odd not necessarily a threat. Depending on your beliefs a god/dress or spirit being can communicate through such encounters, or your shamanic animal can sneak a peek out your eyes or from another person.. Play with ideas and possibilities before going straight to evil/bad/threat causes!

Blessings :hiya:
Image Image Image

shirley mclaren
OBOD Ovate

Postby shirley mclaren » 18 Dec 2015, 06:20

Thank you for your helpful words. I have no idea why I even wanted to go into McD - it is the absolute last place I would wish to go! However, that event has now passed, and everything seems settled again. I have been under a terrific lot of stress during the past 18 months, so maybe that was the crisis point, I am taking things easier now. So far, so good :)

BB

Return to “Discuss Druidry”